Anthem Texts from Home?

Would this not be the case if the phone is in Airplane Mode with WiFi turned back on?

Well, you are correct - now. I could have sworn that when I did the Airplane mode followed by turning Wifi on with wifi calling enabled , I still could not make calls. But I just tried it now via Verizon on my Samsung android phone, and it worked with the "wifi" calling icon showing up, and it works receiving calls as well. It just did not work before, and googling showed other people had the same problem. Guess it just works now.

Well, you are correct - now. I could have sworn that when I did the Airplane mode followed by turning Wifi on with wifi calling enabled , I still could not make calls. But I just tried it now via Verizon on my Samsung android phone, and it worked with the "wifi" calling icon showing up, and it works receiving calls as well. It just did not work before, and googling showed other people had the same problem. Guess it just works now.

I believe I read of a Verizon or Samsung update that fixed some WiFi calling problems.

My iPhone on AT&T is also not perfect on WiFi calling. Many times, after I've had WiFi calling enabled and cellular off for some time, I'll get a text as soon as I turn on cellular.