St Maarten until 10:00pm?

canadarocks

We'll be in St Maarten from noon until 10pm on a Tuesday in January 2018. I see that Shore Excursioneer (a "middle man" company) offers a Sunset Cruise. Anyone know which local company they use?

Has anyone done a sunset cruise in St Maarten? Or would you recommend something else for that evening?

• 5 weeks later...
Thanks for the reply. I'm wondering if anyone else has any suggestions on how to spend an evening in St Maarten? Doesn't have to be sunset cruise. :)

If Harmony Nights has started (Tuesday nights and usually starts in mid January until April I believe) Grand Case is the place to be. Marching bands, vendors on the Main Street selling crafts and jewelry, boutique shopping and many wonderful restaurants to choose from.

We were in Grand Case for a week prior to our Wind Star cruise two years ago and enjoyed a Tuesday night with all the fun. Every night we chose a different restaurant to eat at and they were all so wonderful! I would vote for dinner in Grand Case any night!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

2018 Harmony Nights in Grand Case may start on Tuesday, January 16, 2018 - it has been advertised in prior years as running from 6 to 10 pm and probably will again in 2018. You can check on it closer to your travel. Sunset will be about 6pm.

With a 10pm departure - you have to be on board by 9:30 p.m. So, you have to figure when to leave Grand Case by taxi to ensure you are back on time. I would think 90 minutes is safe - that is, plan to be leaving Grand Case by 8:00pm, but I defer to Gary, Karysa, or others in estimating taxi drive times.

Thanks, Grand Case sounds lovely. How long a taxi ride is it from the cruise port in Philipsburg (we're there on the 16th and we leave at 10pm)?

Taxi is about 45 min and $25 each way for one or two people.

You can hit the beach first and sunset /early dinner at a place on the water and a little more casual.

It's exactly what I would do if I had a Tuesday in port until 10. Oh heck, like skimom I would probably head there any chance for dinner and I will take that one step farther and admit there is a place that I go for linch because I have a mild addiction to their specialty.

I too would taxi back around 8 if I had a 9:30 all aboard time. Try and set something up with your driver. It's busy. People come and go. There shouldn't be an issue getting a taxi. Sharing will be cheaper as well so

try and bring some friends from the ship.