Question about arrival into port and tour time

rabin1

Good news re tours in Cyprus - there are tours!

I've just received this information:

Tours for Cyprus have been created, although they may not be reflecting on the brochure yet.

Please direct the guest to view their My Azamara account for an up-to-date list of tours offered.

The following tours are being offered in Cyprus on the JR 4/26/18 sailing:

LM53 - 4X4 Jeep Adventure into the Cypriot Countryside

LM51 - Curium & Medieval Castle of Limassol

LM50 - Ruins of Curium & Wines of Omodos

LM48 - Journey To Paphos

Bonnie,

We have checked on My Azamara and these four tours are all shown as departing at 8:30 am. The Journey does not arrive in Cyprus until 12 noon!

Bonnie,

We have checked on My Azamara and these four tours are all shown as departing at 8:30 am. The Journey does not arrive in Cyprus until 12 noon!

If you READ thru this entire thread you will see that is the topic of the thread. I and my TA have been telling Azamara this since February and I have been posting that on this thread I started since April.

Kathy

If you READ thru this entire thread you will see that is the topic of the thread. I and my TA have been telling Azamara this since February and I have been posting that on this thread I started since April.

Kathy

We have READ through the entire thread. The post from Bonnie suggested this problem has been resolved. It obviously hasn't. Anyway, with only 6 hours in Cyprus we don't intend to take any tours, so we will not make any further comments.

We have READ through the entire thread. The post from Bonnie suggested this problem has been resolved. It obviously hasn't. Anyway, with only 6 hours in Cyprus we don't intend to take any tours, so we will not make any further comments.

She said the tours were up on My Azamara but she did not think they are up on the brochure. She did not address the time issue which again I have been saying is wrong since February to the company and on this thread since April & as you noted still is

Kathy

Reading through this one suggestion would be to switch times to 24 hour clocks- military time. No am pm confusion.

I also have to wonder if it wouldn't be easier cheaper and quicker to drop the computer system and start fresh. Sometimes trying to fix something it far more difficult than starting all over. Couldn't Azamara adapt RCCL's system? Understanding why there is a problem does not make it acceptable- especially for years.

Reading through this one suggestion would be to switch times to 24 hour clocks- military time. No am pm confusion.

I also have to wonder if it wouldn't be easier cheaper and quicker to drop the computer system and start fresh. Sometimes trying to fix something it far more difficult than starting all over. Couldn't Azamara adapt RCCL's system? Understanding why there is a problem does not make it acceptable- especially for years.

Here here I agree. I don;t know about the military time. American's don't think in military time and I still as old as I am have trouble figuring it out. To me it is like when some of the posts are using British lbs. I have to get out the calculator.

It appears as you say and as Bonnie has said this has been going on for years. I feel sorry for all new cruisers on Azamara that will have to deal with their problems & issues because after this cruise no matter the great experience or not on the ship I will never sail Azamara again. I cannot justify when this or any company cannot run their business correct and then take years to attempt to fix it & doesn;t.......... as you say it is unacceptable.

Kathy

How about

USTime (24 hour time)

E.g. 2:15 pm (13:15)

PERFECT & love it but alas this is Azamara and I don;t think we would have a shot in our lifetime............lol

Kathy

How about

USTime (24 hour time)

E.g. 2:15 pm (13:15)

Good idea and to add, if noon or midnight 12:00 AM Midnight (00:00) or 12:00 PM Noon (12:00)

It is painfully obvious that many people who don't use military time don't understand 12:00 AM or 12:00 PM.

And Kathy (rabin1) While I agree 100% with your comments about how businesses are run, (really not run) from many years of experience there are very few if any cruise line home offices that run like the proverbial clock. There are a few we won't cruise ever again because of the many more home office issues. We tried Azamara and even with the home office problems they are head and shoulder above some of the more egregious lines and if we didn't try to ignore the home office failings and relied on the shipboard experience, we wouldn't have any cruise line to cruise on at all.

While Bonnie isn't perfect and misses too many posts directed at her, at least she is there much of the time to get the best answer she can. Some of the other lines simply ignore mailed comments and requests and the customer so called service people provide many more incorrect responses thus requiring HUCA way too many times and even there can't be sure what the real answer is.

Good luck finding a better cruise line than Azamara.

Great idea, but 2:15pm is 14:15.

*hits self upside the head while blushing deeply*. Uh- yes. Which just goes to show that some of us do have trouble with 24 hour time. I will admit to having to figure it out every time- it still is not natural to me.

Good idea and to add, if noon or midnight 12:00 AM Midnight (00:00) or 12:00 PM Noon (12:00)

It is painfully obvious that many people who don't use military time don't understand 12:00 AM or 12:00 PM.

And Kathy (rabin1) While I agree 100% with your comments about how businesses are run, (really not run) from many years of experience there are very few if any cruise line home offices that run like the proverbial clock. There are a few we won't cruise ever again because of the many more home office issues. We tried Azamara and even with the home office problems they are head and shoulder above some of the more egregious lines and if we didn't try to ignore the home office failings and relied on the shipboard experience, we wouldn't have any cruise line to cruise on at all.

While Bonnie isn't perfect and misses too many posts directed at her, at least she is there much of the time to get the best answer she can. Some of the other lines simply ignore mailed comments and requests and the customer so called service people provide many more incorrect responses thus requiring HUCA way too many times and even there can't be sure what the real answer is.

Totally agree that we are very lucky to have someone from Azamara try to answer our queries - not her fault that sometimes answers aren't available.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Once again I agree with you. I also agree it is not Bonnie's fault in any of the issues or problems. She basically is the messenger. She hears from the office and yet the customer service says different things. I think she does a great job with what the poor thing has to work with. It still boils down to the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing.

I don;t think I will be cruising any longer. I think I am going to go back to land tours. I want to go back to Africa for the third time. So for now this will be my last cruise. I hope you are all correct and the cruise will make up for the glitches. I decided I am not going to worry about it any further. It is what it is and no matter whether tour times being wrong, when the ship is arriving or OBC being permitted or not and when I am over it all.

Have a good one

Kathy

Thanks for all the votes of confidence :hearteyes:

I do enjoy reading everyone's comments.

I trust no one is holding out hope that we will switch to military time? That is less likely than the shower curtains being replaced or everyone's dream liquor showing up on the complimentary list :whiskey-glass: !!

But seriously, all of your feedback is valuable and I regularly summarize it and send it up the flagpole for review, including the frustrations with our website's functionality.

Edited by BBMacLaird
missing a word..."than"

Here here I agree. I don;t know about the military time. American's don't think in military time and I still as old as I am have trouble figuring it out. To me it is like when some of the posts are using British lbs. I have to get out the calculator.

It appears as you say and as Bonnie has said this has been going on for years. I feel sorry for all new cruisers on Azamara that will have to deal with their problems & issues because after this cruise no matter the great experience or not on the ship I will never sail Azamara again. I cannot justify when this or any company cannot run their business correct and then take years to attempt to fix it & doesn;t.......... as you say it is unacceptable.

Kathy

The 24 hour clock is used worldwide. It eliminates the am/pm question. It is not only used by the Military.

For someone who plans so meticulously and is so quick to point out the shortcomings of Azamara, I find the comment "Americans don't think in military time" very difficult to believe. I think most Americans would take the time to understand such a simple concept when embarking on a journey like this. How else are you going to understand an airline departure board ?

The 24 hour clock is used worldwide. It eliminates the am/pm question. It is not only used by the Military.

For someone who plans so meticulously and is so quick to point out the shortcomings of Azamara, I find the comment "Americans don't think in military time" very difficult to believe. I think most Americans would take the time to understand such a simple concept when embarking on a journey like this. How else are you going to understand an airline departure board ?

Thank you Mrs Miggins! I am an American, use the "military" time and have no problem understanding it. Like you said, it's not that hard. I can't imagine I'm in the minority!

I understand it, I have often used it, but I don't think in it (as I demonstrated to my embarrassment above). I would like to see us switch to this, also to the metric system as it would certainly be easier. And avoid problems like we have seen on this thread, and also on many important projects, including NASA projects. . But we American's want to stick to our own ways- why I don't know but that does seem to be true.

In the good old UK we use Greenwich Mean Time (I have a home in Greenwich and watch tourists spanning the meridian) British Summer Time, am and pm, plus the 24 hour system. We have pounds (lbs) , stones, kilos, miles, kilometres. We use British Pounds, Euros when we go to Europe, Dollars in US etc etc. Its a complicated world out there, especially for us oldies but we all have to learn.

Unlike the lovely Americans we were on a cruise with once who could not understand why a small shop in Athens would not take US dollars for postcards. They had not thought to get any local currency, although of course it was easily accessible from the many ATM's. I asked if Euros or British pounds would be accepted in a store in New Jersey. But apparently that was different !

Since OP is gone, there is no worry about derailing the thread. To Host Grandma Cruising and Mrs Miggins: we in America are upholding the long and glorious history of the British Empire by maintaining the standards that you have abandoned [12 hour time, Imperial measurements]. We are often accused of ruining our common language, but on this at least We are the upholders of Tradition ;p

In the good old UK we use Greenwich Mean Time (I have a home in Greenwich and watch tourists spanning the meridian) British Summer Time, am and pm, plus the 24 hour system. We have pounds (lbs) , stones, kilos, miles, kilometres. We use British Pounds, Euros when we go to Europe, Dollars in US etc etc. Its a complicated world out there, especially for us oldies but we all have to learn.

Unlike the lovely Americans we were on a cruise with once who could not understand why a small shop in Athens would not take US dollars for postcards. They had not thought to get any local currency, although of course it was easily accessible from the many ATM's. I asked if Euros or British pounds would be accepted in a store in New Jersey. But apparently that was different !

I am sure we all have silly examples of people from other countries whom we met traveling. Not sure how helpful it is to recount them on these boards.

I am sorry that Kathy has decided that Azamara and those of us that are happy with the cruiseline are not for her; I wish her well on her land based trips. Perhaps she will still go on her cruise and see why we love the line, I hope so. To expect perfection in any part of life is unrealistic...

I am sure we all have silly examples of people from other countries whom we met traveling. Not sure how helpful it is to recount them on these boards.

I understand of course. We all do extremely silly things. It was an attempt to be lighthearted. As I said those people were lovely, but, unlike Kathy, had not planned at all they just got onboard and went with the flow. We all laughed about it. They got their postcards after being directed to an ATM. My post crossed the OP Kathy's one leaving the thread.

My point about trying to understand the 24 clock was also valid I think. I worked in the airline transportation industry for 30 years. Before I posted about that I checked the departure boards for FLL and the information certainly used the 24 hour system with the added complication of the different US timezones. Certainly when leaving Athens the departure board will show using the 24 hour clock.

To Host Jazzbeau, the time norm in the UK is the 12 hour format, just as in the States. In shops now weights are in the metric system, although oldies like me still think in pounds and ounces. However when we weight ourselves we are still usually in pounds and stones. In other words a delightful and complicated mixture.

Cruise critic is certainly a wonderful mixture of opinions. One thing that most agree on is the wonderful onboard Azamara experience. The back office can sometimes be woeful and extremely frustrating. All those cares are blown away once actually onboard. I am sorry that Kathy has left this thread as her posts and the various answers have been very informative. Everyone onboard will do their utmost to make it a happy and memorable experience.

Totally agree with you Pam.

It's a shame that Kathy will never get to experience the wonderful Azamara onboard service now. However, maybe her deep frustration with fairly minor matters pre cruise would have affected her whole enjoyment of the onboard experience anyway?

We have all had similar frustrations with the Guatemala office and the less than accurate website but we Azamara fans also know that once we walk up that gangway onto Quest or Journey then all that disappears in a second and we are so glad to be "welcomed home" with a smile.

I can't wait for next week and Quest again. Really wish you and Mike were joining us though but look forward to getting the gang back together next June. 😄🍾🍷