MSC Yacht Club

Max49

The Intercontinental or the Epic in Miami are both great hotels.

From my understanding the YC is sold out on the 10 night 12/6 cruise.

Once you spend a cruise in the YC its hard to do anything else. I wouldn't pass up that deal. This will be the first time I have bought a book of 18 tickets even though we are in the YC. We do spend time in other areas and I might not feel like going back to the YC for a refill. I hear others do the same, for the price it's worth it. If I don't use the tickets by the end I'll buy other people some drinks the last night!

Sent from my SM-G920T using Forums mobile app

We are in the front most cabin on the port or left side, cabin 15001, right next to the Top Sail Lounge. I hope we don't hear music or excessive noise al night. Has any one had this cabin or another one next to the Top Sail?

The YC is very sedate and there's never any noise - it's a haven of tranquillity. The only music played in the Top Sail lounge is usually early evening and is only provided as background music ie piano or violin player.

As someone who has sailed on a LOT of cruises out of Miami, I always watch in frustration as people recommend and choose hotels in downtown Miami.

It really is like sailing out of New York and staying in Brooklyn. It's nice but it's not Manhattan!

Go on TripAdvisor and stay in South Beach ... there's tons of nightlife, great restaurants, a wonderful beach and fabulous people watching. It's a simple 15 minute cab ride to the pier in the morning, especially with the new tunnel.

Thats where we always stay so wanted something a little different, I want to go to Bay Side Market place this time. I am bi no means frustrated I just wanted to ask the best Hotel in that area I do what a view of the port and things to do within walking distance of the Hotel. Currently looking at the Intercontinental one bedroom suite has any one stay in one of those rooms are they nice.

Edited by nursebob
want to add more

We are cruising next month on the Divina. We have a balcony fantastica , and MSC is offering us and upgrade to yacht club for $700 more. Is it worth it?

Thanks, Max

My husband and I took the deal. We can't wait....

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We booked directly with MSC and our agent there called us with the offer. We were also in a rear facing balcony (Bella) and had purchased drink packages for both weeks. They refunded the cost of the drink packages and were able to put us into the same YC1 cabin for both weeks, so we don't have to move. We were looking forward to the aft facing balcony, a first for us, but figured this upgrade was worth the change. And, a nice bonus, our cost for the MSC insurance didn't go up.

In the YC dining room, do many people share tables? We enjoy having dinner with others and usually do the fixed seating dining at a table for 6-8, which isn't an option in YC.

They will take care of you.

In the YC dining room, do many people share tables? We enjoy having dinner with others and usually do the fixed seating dining at a table for 6-8, which isn't an option in YC.

Only if you meet other like-minded people, then you can book a table to accommodate the number you require and a time of your choosing. We met 2 other couples in YC a couple of years ago and we had no problem arranging a table for the 6 of us. But they won't just seat you at a table of strangers - it's not done in YC.

Edited by Beamafar

• 9 months later...
We are cruising next month on the Divina. We have a balcony fantastica , and MSC is offering us and upgrade to yacht club for $700 more. Is it worth it?

Thanks, Max

I received an upgrade to the MSC Yacht Club for $350/person and I paid on the spot to do the upgrade. I received my booking confirmation email and while my room says "MSC Yacht Club - Deluxe Suite, the Experience still says "Fantastica". I was wondering if your documents also said the same or if both the room and experience said Yacht Club.

I called MSC to verify if I will indeed have the Yacht Club experience and they assured me I will get all the perks that comes with a Yacht Club upgrade but just wanted to check with someone like you who's taken advantage of the upgrade option before.

Your feedback is appreciated. Thank you.

yachtclub.jpg.9c939d4ae2e35055b9f5973dd82435e7.jpg

I received an upgrade to the MSC Yacht Club for $350/person and I paid on the spot to do the upgrade. I received my booking confirmation email and while my room says "MSC Yacht Club - Deluxe Suite, the Experience still says "Fantastica". I was wondering if your documents also said the same or if both the room and experience said Yacht Club.

I called MSC to verify if I will indeed have the Yacht Club experience and they assured me I will get all the perks that comes with a Yacht Club upgrade but just wanted to check with someone like you who's taken advantage of the upgrade option before.

Don't worry. All is good.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are traveling on 8/5 and ours shows the same thing but I was assured that it is the whole experience. I printed the email offer I rec'd just in case there is a problem. (Although I am sure it will be ok.)

My sister received an offer for the Divina YC and loved every single minute. She paid $700 extra (one week cruise) and said unfortunately she will never be able to cruise in anything but the YC again.......also, she said she could get adult beverages in every part of the ship. She said the end of June, 2017. I sure hope we get an offer to try the YC in February!!!! Booked in a Fantastica balcony right now. Enjoy!

My sister received an offer for the Divina YC and loved every single minute. She paid $700 extra (one week cruise) and said unfortunately she will never be able to cruise in anything but the YC again.......also, she said she could get adult beverages in every part of the ship.

Yes - since April 1st last, Yacht Club guests get the deluxe (premium) drinks package included for use around the rest of the ship. :cool:

Port side is my favorite! I think you will love being right next to the Top Sail Lounge. There's a little used entrance right next to your cabin. It will be like having a large living room... with a bar! Seriously, if you enjoy spending time on your balcony it will be super convenient for appetizers and wine that you may not want to bother with asking the butler to provide.

We are traveling on 8/5 and ours shows the same thing but I was assured that it is the whole experience. I printed the email offer I rec'd just in case there is a problem. (Although I am sure it will be ok.)

I plan to print all the documents too. Thank you for the reassurance. :)

Port side is my favorite! I think you will love being right next to the Top Sail Lounge. There's a little used entrance right next to your cabin. It will be like having a large living room... with a bar! Seriously, if you enjoy spending time on your balcony it will be super convenient for appetizers and wine that you may not want to bother with asking the butler to provide.

Are you talking about room 15013?

We are in the front most cabin on the port or left side, cabin 15001, right next to the Top Sail Lounge. I hope we don't hear music or excessive noise al night. Has any one had this cabin or another one next to the Top Sail?

We booked directly with MSC. They havent refunded my drink packages yet but they did charge the $700 on the same card.

Are you talking about room 15013?

Sorry - 15001. Had some wine with my dinner!

I thought that an upgrade only referred to the room not to he experience. I thought I read it on the website. I guess I was wrong.

If MSC upgrades your cabin without charge then you only receive the 'Experience' you booked. However, it seems in this instance, the upgrade was paid for (at a very attractive price by the sounds of it) so the benefits would be included.

If MSC upgrades your cabin without charge then you only receive the 'Experience' you booked. However, it seems in this instance, the upgrade was paid for (at a very attractive price by the sounds of it) so the benefits would be included.

That's true. For example if a Bella interior room was upgraded to a Fantastica balcony room for free, then the rooms gets upgraded to the balcony but not the Experience. However, if upgraded to a Yacht Club room, whether free or the $350/person (including child) charge, the Experience is Yacht Club too. I think it has to do with Yacht Club being secluded and there really isn't anything stopping someone in the Yacht Club area from using the pool or eating in Top Sail Lounge.

I'd be very disappointed if I found out the 2 year old in my group had to pay $350 extra (when it's a Kids Sail Free cruise) just for a slightly bigger bathroom.

That's great and well worth it!,,

Sent from my iPad using Forums

..................if upgraded to a Yacht Club room, whether free or the $350/person (including child) charge, the Experience is Yacht Club too. I think it has to do with Yacht Club being secluded and there really isn't anything stopping someone in the Yacht Club area from using the pool or eating in Top Sail Lounge.

It has been stated on a couple of occasions in the past on here by different people that free upgrades to the Yacht Club do not receive the benefits. When asked to elaborate, the posters never came back to explain how this was enforced.