Ice Cream and Pizza?

Soft serve is not available 24 per day. They usually fill the machine once per day, and when that runs out, that's it. Pizza is available in the solarium, but not at 2 am.

Curfew is very real, they will not be able to roam the ship alone after 1 AM unless they are 18 or over.

BTW they are starting to close the solarium pools at midnight. (Radiance class)

Actually that's bad info...The frozen yogurt machines are filled all day long everyday from 10am or 11am till 8pm or 9pm depending on the ship. They don't fill them up once a day and "that's it when they run out". :)

Actually that's bad info...The frozen yogurt machines are filled all day long everyday from 10am or 11am till 8pm or 9pm depending on the ship. They don't fill them up once a day and "that's it when they run out". :)

Depends on the ship as to whether they get refilled or not. There have been many, many times I have gone to one of these machines, and both sides were empty. The couple of times I inquired I was told one fill.

Like most things RCI is consistently inconsistent. Really too bad because it seems to be more laziness then customer service. Oh well, glad you were on ships the got refills! :)

Even though OP prefers people to just strictly answer the question being asked, the nature of these boards is for people to give more than asked or deviate slightly from the original question.

For example, someone can ask about topic A,but often people reply with answers can be related to topic A1, which will inspire someone to talk about topic A2, which will have someone else chime in with topic A3 and so on with each answer slightly further away from the original topic.

Personally I think it’s a good thing as it creates an open dialogue on the topic at hand and raises questions/issues not originally inquired. Besides, there may be other readers looking at this topic that may benefit from the additional information being provided.

As of this writing,there are close to 2,000 click views on this topic so there are enough readers out there that might find the extra “stuff” useful.

This is just a nice way of saying I am now deviating to topic A9 and maybe A10 as none of the info I am providing is related to topic A…;p

Here is the pic of the machine:

31210105813_25a376c86e_h.jpg

One can debate if this is ice cream or yogurt or some ice “thing”:

31991051966_2fc12d79df_h.jpg

Here is the “dessert mix” as they are ready to do the refill. Sure looks healthy, no?

32115041575_96059c9519_h.jpg

Check out the long line of people waiting to get their ice cream:

31997228541_0595b9e48c_h.jpg

The ships that have the soft serve machines outside on the pool deck close up quite early.

Freedom

Sprinkles_hours.jpg

Lousy pizza in Solarium until around midnight.

Ice cream for a charge at the coffee shop, but not open very late

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

History would agree with Jon, but I'll be curious to see if it has improved. I saw some comment from Richard Fain about improved pizza, and based on one cruise on Adventure last May, maybe its true. While don't get your expectations too high, it was better than some of the awful I've had. The absolute worst I ever had was around midnight in the solarium of Jewel. I'll be checking out the pizza on Majesty again this fall, I've had a lot of experience there. [/endthreadhijack]

History would agree with Jon, but I'll be curious to see if it has improved. I saw some comment from Richard Fain about improved pizza, and based on one cruise on Adventure last May, maybe its true. While don't get your expectations too high, it was better than some of the awful I've had. The absolute worst I ever had was around midnight in the solarium of Jewel. I'll be checking out the pizza on Majesty again this fall, I've had a lot of experience there. [/endthreadhijack]

We have MJ in August, I'm not holding my breath. I am curious about the make your own on Oasis though. I'll give it a go

Excellent post! Thank you!

And this stuff is the exact same mix they were pouring into the machines on our Norwegian cruise last year, and it was YUMMY!

Many things taste yummy. My concern is just what it is that makes them taste that way.

Many things taste yummy. My concern is just what it is that makes them taste that way.

Very true. Just have a look at how long that ingredients list is on the container of artificial flavored vanilla frozen desert mix closest to the camera. You can't read the ingredients, but you can see that the list is long. No thanks!

Very true. Just have a look at how long that ingredients list is on the container of artificial flavored vanilla frozen desert mix closest to the camera. You can't read the ingredients, but you can see that the list is long. No thanks!

And I am starting to suspect that out of all of those words not one of them is "yogurt".:rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure there is a pool, a rock wall, putt putt, a basketball court, a movie theatre, a massive poolside theatre, a video arcade and kids clubs/activities. Yeah, you're right. I should pick a different cruise. There is NOTHING for kids/teens here. Insert eye roll.

Btw, I came here for help, and only received it from 2 people . The reat of the remarks are snarky and useless. I asked questions about ice cream and pizza and got opinions from snarky jerks. Thanks for you opinion, but I'm not interested it.

It's amazing isn't it? And godforbid that you ask a question that someone answered in August of 2008 and you didn't search for it. Personally, I come here to see if there's any new info but the Facebook groups are much kinder. I don't know why people feel a need to be so sarcastic and mean.

It's amazing isn't it? And godforbid that you ask a question that someone answered in August of 2008 and you didn't search for it. Personally, I come here to see if there's any new info but the Facebook groups are much kinder. I don't know why people feel a need to be so sarcastic and mean.

Most users on CC are anonymous as opposed to Facebook.

I just got off the Anthem, i don't know how it compares to your ship. They had a pizza place open fairly late, but the pizza was not very tasty. The only ice cream machine i saw was on the pool deck, and the hours weren't very generous. I only saw it in operation once.

We have MJ in August, I'm not holding my breath. I am curious about the make your own on Oasis though. I'll give it a go

If you haven't seen my photos of that pizza let me know. On Allure in 2011 and 2013 we did the make your own pizza and loved it, though there were a limited number of toppings. My biggest fault with RC pizza is the microthin layer of sauce. That dries up when sitting out more than 10 minutes. With the make your own you could ask for more sauce and that made the pizza in my opinion. On Oasis the make your own section had crusts that were presauced and ready for toppings. There was just enough again IMO, but I suppose you could ask for more. .

Oh, what the heck, here is the first make your own pizza I had on Allure.

personal.jpg

Many things tasteyummy. My concern is just what it is that makes them taste that way.

Very true. Justhave a look at how long that ingredients list is on the container of artificialflavored vanilla frozen desert mix closest to the camera. You can't read theingredients, but you can see that the list is long. No thanks!

And I am starting to suspect that out of all of those words notone of them is "yogurt".:rolleyes:

If you don't want to heed Merion_Mom's advice and really want to know what's in this 'frozen yogurt'....

Ingredients:

Water, Corn syrup, Palms kernel oil, Non fat milk solids, Buttermilk powder, Whey powder, Sugar, Mono and Diglycerides, Guar gum, Cellulose gum, Polysorbate 80, Carageenan, and Artificial flavor.

images.jpg.c02298f87e5527ad3205c06a1f7d2d3a.jpg

Edited by icsys

I can not BELIEVE the amount of people telling me to book another ship! I didn't ask for opinions on the ship I booked. Not interested in your opinions. Just facts on the pizza and ice cream. And I received all the info I needed on that question. I really appreciate those who gave factual, helpful info pertaining to my question. Thanks guys!!

I see you have only 22 posts here, you get used to it, let a lot of stuff roll off your back and judge each post on its merits. After awhile use the ignore feature.

If you don't want to heed Merion_Mom's advice and really want to know what's in this 'frozen yogurt'....

Ingredients:

Water, Corn syrup, Palms kernel oil, Non fat milk solids, Buttermilk powder, Whey powder, Sugar, Mono and Diglycerides, Guar gum, Cellulose gum, Polysorbate 80, Carageenan, and Artificial flavor.

What the hell is "non fat milk solids"?:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: OK, one less line I will ever have to worry about as I will never touch that stuff again.

I see you have only 22 posts here, you get used to it, let a lot of stuff roll off your back and judge each post on its merits. After awhile use the ignore feature.

If you ignore everyone who posts information that was not particularly asked for by the OP there isn't going to be a lot to read around here. I simply posted that different classes of RCI ships provide different cruise experiences, that includes late night food offerings. If I were new to RCI I think I'd like getting that information even if I had not thought to ask for it.

Ingredients:

At least there's no high fructose corn syrup!;)

Depends on the ship as to whether they get refilled or not. There have been many, many times I have gone to one of these machines, and both sides were empty. The couple of times I inquired I was told one fill.

Like most things RCI is consistently inconsistent. Really too bad because it seems to be more laziness then customer service. Oh well, glad you were on ships the got refills! :)

Not to be combative, but again all RCI ships have them filled throughout the day and into the evening. The crew doesn't stand next to the machine until it goes empty. They check periodically or till a guest tells someone the machine is empty.:)