San Francisco Port to Airport

mrspie

We will be disembarking the Mariner in San Francisco. Does anyone know how far the airport is from the port? Booked a 1pm flight but the airline changed the schedule to 12:15pm. Should we be concerned about time?

Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am sure you will get plenty of good advice on this from the 'Locals' but from a Brit, who has travelled to SF many times in recent years, as my son and his family live there, I will give you my take. Our ship, btw I will be on the same trip, arrives at the newish facility at Pier 27, which is only about 30 mins from SFO, and as it will be a Saturday morning, traffic should be a little lighter early on, although it builds fairly quickly. You are of course travelling away from the city and the traffic will be heavier coming in, so should not to a problem, especially if you disembark fairly early.

I lived in CA for a total of 12 years. It really depends on when you're disembarking. If it's a weekend, you'll be fine. If it's a weekday and you're heading out during rush hour, the city streets can be really slow. That said, if it's a domestic flight and you want to arrive at 11 am, and you leave the ship at 9 am, that still gives you two hours to get to the airport. Unless you're taking an international flight, it's a weekday and your debarkation is delayed (all three together), you should be fine.

I like to use Google maps -- you can put in for directions and then tell it to look for the travel time when leaving on a certain date and at a specific hour.

I am sure you will get plenty of good advice on this from the 'Locals' but from a Brit, who has travelled to SF many times in recent years, as my son and his family live there, I will give you my take. Our ship, btw I will be on the same trip, arrives at the newish facility at Pier 27, which is only about 30 mins from SFO, and as it will be a Saturday morning, traffic should be a little lighter early on, although it builds fairly quickly. You are of course travelling away from the city and the traffic will be heavier coming in, so should not to a problem, especially if you disembark fairly early.

I appreciate your prompt reply. No worries on my end. Will enjoy 'our' cruise. Thanks!

Not a problem.....Most shops dock in the morning so traffic will be the other way. If something was wrong that day take a cab to the Hyatt next to Bart and the ride is about 30mins right to the airport. that's right inside airport.

Agree with Travelcat. Just take a cab or uber. You should have no trouble getting there for a 12:15 flight.

That is exactly our plan, taxi or Uber/Lyft. Thanks to all!

We are just taking a cab ....... no big deal!

I agree, I was saying Bart only if something happens. We lived in San Francisco, and when something happened I've seen the freeway closed--and I mean closed for hours. It's always good to have a back up when you can. Rick

I agree, I was saying Bart only if something happens. We lived in San Francisco, and when something happened I've seen the freeway closed--and I mean closed for hours. It's always good to have a back up when you can. Rick

Good tip. I'm a big believer in backup plans. Thank you!

Didn't know that San Francisco had more than one airport. What should we tell the taxi driver? We are flying out of SFO.

There is only one San Francisco Airport - SFO

The others in the area are; Oakland-OAK , San Jose - SJC

:D