Beach Bungalows-Labadee

kdnurs

Royal got it right or MAYBE!!! My family was on HOTS for it's first Christmas cruise. On our visit to Labadee, we had reserved 2 Bungalows. When I reserved them, it was 1 bungalow per 8 people. Since our group was 12 I needed to get 2 and did. My husband and I left the ship early to choose our 2. We were lucky enough to catch a ride and was happy to tip the driver for it. The site is very far away. I was informed it was first come first serve from reading the boards to pick your bungalow.....wellllll, not so. Royal had chosen for me and i wasn't a fan of the choice. We were only the 2nd family to arrive so I was allowed to change :D

I was greeted by the warmest smile and most pleasant person, "Morel." He told me he would take care of everything we needed and HE DID!!! The bungalows were clean and cozy, close to the water, bathrooms and the lunchtime barbecue buffett. There were 6 liter bottles of water on ice, plenty of lounge chairs and 2 floats per bungalow. If you needed more Morel was happy to bring them.

HOWEVER....what I did notice was some of the bungalows had wayyyyy more than 8 person occupancy. Not to be nosy, but in one alone I counted 16!!! This became more evident as more families showed up. I asked the older attendant about this and was told.."It is 6 people per bungalow, BUT because we have so many chairs more people can come." I told him I had to pay for 2 and he said..."No No No..next time, only get 1 we have plenty chairs for everyone. It is for 6, but since we have so many chairs it is okay." :eek: Lesson learned.

Morel, made sure my Labadoozie was always cold and full....LOL...love that Morel, he took care of all my family and always with a smile. He was even genuinely concerned when I had to toss my cup and jump in the water to rescue one of my grandchildren. She didn't realize how far she drifted on her mat and jumped off to find out she couldn't touch the bottom. I saw her eyes get large and she was about to panic. She did yell for to her sister for help and boy did I run. No one else saw her or heard her, but they saw me run!!! She did manage to remember how to stroke a bit and I got to her as she was too tired to move anymore. Morel was there to check on her and see if she needed further assistance. Good thing Gi-Gi (me) keeps an eye out for her babies. The mother hen in me I guess...

Ohhhh don't bring towels from the ship...there are plenty there waiting for you. We took 3 with us because we were instructed to bring your own...We had to bring them back....uhgggg...now I know for next time ;)

We had an awesome day and Morel even got a ride for me back to the ship. I just love that kid. THANK-YOU MOREL!!!!

Thanks for the info I have been interested in booking one for our cruise this summer. Since the Cabanas have gotten so expensive IMO.

Not great that they are letting in more than 6 or 8 each but why am I not surprised?

You said they are far from where you get on and off the ship but are they close to the water slide?

I've never been to Labadee. But this has me more excited about our visit in October. I had already booked an over the water Cabana (I know it's different than bungalow) and I'm sure it's going to be outstanding. Great review.

Thanks for the info I have been interested in booking one for our cruise this summer. Since the Cabanas have gotten so expensive IMO.

Not great that they are letting in more than 6 or 8 each but why am I not surprised?

You said they are far from where you get on and off the ship but are they close to the water slide?

Aloowing that many extra bodies in had it's pros and cons. For the families that didnt want to buy an extra bungalow or tell family members there was no room, it worked out. However, it did crowd the water a bit. The beach area isn't that large. It would have been perfect for a smaller number of people. JMHO... I personally dont feel they are close to the water slides. I thought so from pictures on the website, but actually it is a gooooood walk away. You can see them and the Jet skis in the distance. I mean you could walk, but too far for me.

We had one $495 well worth it we had six in our group so its like an excursion .

The Cabanas were 495...I canceled my over the water Cabana to purchase 2 Beach bungalows....It was a great family excursion :D

Thanks for your review!! We are considering getting one for our February cruise!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You will enjoy your relaxing day...I forgot to mention, we noticed throughout the day, the bungalow attendants were like hawks..lol...they swooped in on every person who didn't belong there and sent them on their way. We really did feel like we were on a private beach with palm trees and coconuts all around.

You will enjoy your relaxing day...I forgot to mention, we noticed throughout the day, the bungalow attendants were like hawks..lol...they swooped in on every person who didn't belong there and sent them on their way. We really did feel like we were on a private beach with palm trees and coconuts all around.

Sounds amazing!! Thank you!!

Hi, All. Having never been to Labadee, I need to ask, how much are the bungalows and is it considered an excursion through RCL? And sorry for this question but what exactly is a bungalow considered to be?

Labadee, Haiti is Royal's private island. the Bungalow is similar to a cabana. It has a roof, open sides with curtains that may be used to block the sun or wind, no doors, wooden floor, sectional sofa and table, a cooler with water, 2 floats, 2 loungers, pillows and towels. There are beach chairs closer to the water and some under the trees for shade. The cost is 250.00 for 1 bungalow which accommodates 8. It was considered an excursion and there are only 8 of them at present so book early. :D

• 5 months later...

Hi there. The description says cooler stocked with water- I assume that to mean that they keep it clocked during our time there (unlimited)? My family drinks mainly water and we go through a lot, especially on hot beach days!

However, I find it hard to believe that RCL would offfer anything like this unlimited. What was your experience?

Thanks

I am trying to book a cabana, but I get a scheduling conflict when I try to book it. I already have the zipline booked and it isn't letting me book a cabana, because of the time overlap. Any one have any recommendations? I tried to call Royal, but they say that they can't find the cabana as being listed as available. The agent I spoke to didn't seem to know too much. He told me I was too far out to book excursions, even though I already have booked a few.

Hi there. The description says cooler stocked with water- I assume that to mean that they keep it clocked during our time there (unlimited)? My family drinks mainly water and we go through a lot, especially on hot beach days!

However, I find it hard to believe that RCL would offfer anything like this unlimited. What was your experience?

Thanks

I never saw the water bottles refilled because we never drank all of them (4) they were 6 liter bottles ... there were more adults than children and we filled up on Labadoozies [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Thanks for your review, I just booked a bungalow. I only chose myself as “going on the excursion” since the one bungalow is for 8, and there are 7 of us.

Is there any difference in the setup for bungalow and cabana, other than location? It’s a big price difference...

Edited by October17