High Volume TA?

mallie24

Thanks. I will try lots of different things rather than High Volume Oceania Cruise travel agents. With the Canadian dollar so low, I try everything that I can so that I can cruise more.

LOL, I hear you. I think there are many of us in many Countries who want the most bang for the dollar;)

One more suggestion. Do a search on this form (upper right hand corner) and type in CAD and then hit search. Many threads about your question and some good replies.

Cheers,

John

I use a canadien agent. You can not tell from websites what you will be paying. You must talk with the agent. In addition to her rebate, I was delighted to see that my tips were also included because they were a part of a consortium

Oceansandseas

You should read the CC guidelines at the top of the page

if guides are promoting their tours they will be quickly banned same goes for TA's

I am Canadian

I use a US TA ...just shop around

I am happy with her service

Oceania have some cruises where you can pay in CAD or you can get a USD VISA card & bank account from TD or CIBC..maybe other Canadian banks also have this

When the exchange rates are good I buy USD & put them in my TD account

Oceansandseas

You should read the CC guidelines at the top of the page

if guides are promoting their tours they will be quickly banned same goes for TA's

I am Canadian

I use a US TA ...just shop around

I am happy with her service

Oceania have some cruises where you can pay in CAD or you can get a USD VISA card & bank account from TD or CIBC..maybe other Canadian banks also have this

When the exchange rates are good I buy USD & put them in my TD account

CC's advertising revenue is to a large extent generated from TAs, thus the policy to not discuss TAs. Fair enough.

If you do a search on Oceania discounts, some TA links will be in the results. However, I have found that I must call them to get pricing/incentives/obc/discount/rebate info. They are not permitted to post this info on their websites. After calling a few of the search results I found what I was looking for.

HTH

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk

If you do a search on Oceania discounts, some TA links will be in the results. However, I have found that I must call them to get pricing/incentives/obc/discount/rebate info. They are not permitted to post this info on their websites. After calling a few of the search results I found what I was looking for.

HTH

As I said I am quite happy with my TA :halo:

I can only imagine what the forums would be like if TA's were allowed to solicit business here :eek:

I am Canadian. Found an American agent by reading a lot and reading between the lines! This means we don't get the Tico insurance but if ever stranded we can find our way home.

I have a friend who uses a Canadian agent who sends them a cheque after the cruise. We pay the current price. No private discount. We are happy with the other intangibles our agent provides.

We also travel with our agents cards, and pass them along.

Happy to see the Canadian $ is on the rise. Bought some yesterday.

Mo

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This is our experience as well. A TA's best prices are usually not posted on their website. In addition, my TA may have group space, which lowers the cost by hundreds of dollars per person. The best way to find a good TA is to ask fellow passengers on an Oceania cruise who they use.

Your right your best price is never posted. Also once you work with your TA and they know what you want and need-for us they know we're looking for savings and giving us their best price, is the price. We've now have a trust, they know I will let them know the cabin/suite I want-the cruise I want, etc. We're not demanding, and their is very little work except booking. The TA knowing that knowing how much work is needed on her part comes up with the best price that works for both of us. Don't forget, with a TA-it's a partnership, you both have to win.

Rick

This is our experience as well. A TA's best prices are usually not posted on their website. In addition, my TA may have group space, which lowers the cost by hundreds of dollars per person. The best way to find a good TA is to ask fellow passengers on an Oceania cruise who they use.

Again, sorry for posting my comment that started this discussion.

My TA, who is an American based TA has a website that has all the prices of most cruises which mirror the Cruise lines web sites. You always have to call or send an email to get the best price that she offers.

Those are the rules.

Anyway, hopefully you are comfortable with whomever you choose as your TA.

We are.

What I fail to understand is why Canadians can book through US TA's yet we in the UK are banned. They come up with many reasons like we have more protections but that is only the case if you book a 'package' including flights etc. I book all parts of my trip myself so these 'protections' do not apply and use the credit card protection instead, I have booked through a US TA with Celebrity but Oceania insist you use a UK agent.

What I fail to understand is why Canadians can book through US TA's yet we in the UK are banned..... I have booked through a US TA with Celebrity but Oceania insist you use a UK agent.

Pre or Post Brexit?

I'm not saying that is a reason, I was just wondering? There is another thread about the price difference from the UK and seems things have recently changed.

AZjohn. Don't get me started on BREXIT!!!! Oceania has always had this policy unless it has changed recently. In the Global economy that exists nowadays it seems a very restrictive protective practice. Anyhow, post BREXIT we probably won't be able to afford a cruise do making hay while the sun shines. :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

What I fail to understand is why Canadians can book through US TA's yet we in the UK are banned. They come up with many reasons like we have more protections but that is only the case if you book a 'package' including flights etc. I book all parts of my trip myself so these 'protections' do not apply and use the credit card protection instead, I have booked through a US TA with Celebrity but Oceania insist you use a UK agent.

Really don't know, but maybe it's because Canada and USA or North American---just a guess.