What food do look forward to on a cruise?

CaribbeanCrush

I was born in Maryland, but I live in Kansas City, MO. I grew up on fresh seafood, but I married a girl who for years wasn't a fan. She is getting better though. I always proudly announce/remind her that I have this thing that I do. Once we arrive in the port city (since seafood is readily available and fresh!) that I have to have seafood for, at least, dinner and lunches when possible.

What food/s do you have to have on a cruise?

I try not to have anything specific in mind, because I wouldn't want to spoil my mood if they run out. But I've yet to go hungry on a cruise -- there's always something tasty, and generally fancier than I'd ever bother to prepare at home.

Hmm lets see. I don't have to have anything specific but the foods that will turn my head at dinner are Salmon, prime rib and lobster. After that I'm open to suggestion. I've always found the items given on the ship to be delicious and always artfully presented.

For awhile we were taking our kids on a cruise every year. On his very first one, our server told my son he could make him an Ice Cream Sunday, which was not on the menu. They got bigger and better each night, and by the end of that 14 day cruise, our server brought him the biggest, most colorful Sunday any of us has ever seen! Ever since, he always orders an Ice Cream Sunday for every desert while on board ship. We are taking the "kids" ( 21 & 17) again this summer, and I can't wait to see if he keeps up his tradition!

Edited by Pattakins

Hmm lets see. I don't have to have anything specific but the foods that will turn my head at dinner are Salmon, prime rib and lobster. After that I'm open to suggestion. I've always found the items given on the ship to be delicious and always artfully presented.

You got me with the salmon and lobster!

• 2 weeks later...

Im a Maryland girl also so I go for the seafood every time. However, my favorite thing is royal's French toast on the buffet.:D:D I don't know why, its not something I eat any other time of the year. I just love it. I guess it means vacation to me now...

I gave up Chocolate for several years and so I didn't eat it while cruising. This time I'm getting a Carnival Chocolate melting cake.

Last cruise I was pregnant and had to ask for all my meat well cooked. This time I'm looking forward to a nice med-rare steak. Also some Brie, which I didn't eat while pregnant either!!

Pina Colada, which again I missed on our last cruise due to my baby bump!

My Grandson tried escargot when his Dad ordered it many years ago. I think he was around 6 or 7. He loved it and orders it on EVERY cruise with Royal. He's now 22 and was thrilled when they started offering it every night. He's tried it in restaurants but still swears that the best he's ever had is on RCCL. He waiter always brings him MULTIPLE orders because he absolutely INHALES it every night.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Im a Maryland girl also so I go for the seafood every time. However, my favorite thing is royal's French toast on the buffet.:D:D I don't know why, its not something I eat any other time of the year. I just love it. I guess it means vacation to me now...

I really like the French Toast also, but we travel on Carnival. I like to put the strawberries and the blueberries on them and top them off with almond slices. The only problem is they only serve the FT every other day. [emoji45]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We eat a lot of good fodd at home, fresh vegetables ( like from the garden fresh) Aus and NZ Lamb ( probably the best in the world) great beef seafood that is fresh from the boats, so in all honesty there not much on a ship that beats it

The Laredo on Princess I mentioned before and the just made bread.

Everything else is really banquette or wedding food. OK but not great.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I don't eat Pasta at home,. but Princess' Alfredo in the Parmesan basket is a must have.

agreed the BEST !!!!!! they cook the noodles to the EXACT level of firm vs soft and its consistent every time you have it. I am also not a pasta eater at home

Lobster, escargot, arinccini, and I love Salmon but have had to send it back 4 times now - always too dried out :(

I will order it next trip but will order something else TOO.

Def need to find the french toast I seem to have missed before!!

I enjoy the 'Mixed Grill' at lunch on Princess, it is usually served on the first full sea day, five different types of meat! After one of these I usually eat a light dinner!

john

Thanks, never seen a mixed grill.

Must check next cruise.

• 1 year later...