Celestyal Cruise Cuba -Question regarding alcohol policy?

adubgirl

Usually when we go on cruises, we can easily find the cruise lines rules regarding taking alcohol onboard for consumption on board. However with this cruise line have not found any information. Normally the policy with other cruise lines is that you are permitted to bring on board for you own consumption a bottle of wine per passenger. Does anyone know what Celestyal permits? We are doing the Cuba cruise next week. Thanks for any information or quidelines you can provide.:D

Actually I don?t know what their policy might be or whether there really is one. Most people onboard do have the beverage package included. So I think they simply don?t care.

In all ports the security scanners were operated by the port. The ship did not scan the hand luggage brought onboard after a shore tour. Of course people bought rum onshore and more. I haven?t seen any bottles being taken from a passenger.

You have to go through the security scanners each time you board or leave the ship. All scanners are port side, no ship staff involved. So no one who can take any bottles.

steamboats

We were on from 2/10 through 2/17, and I agree, there does not seem to be any set policy, but I will tell you, that the gift shop onboard sells various types of alcohol from Cuban rum to Stoli vodka amongst other things, and once you purchase the bottle, you are free to take it with you to your stateroom.. I did that with a bottle of Havana Club 7 year, I think either $10 or $8, US, the Stoli was $10,.. I believe the reason is that everyone seems to have a drink package... I hope this helps .. BTW, the price onboard for the Cuban rum seems to be the same as on land. I will say also, if you're looking for Santiago De Cuba rum, 11 years, or even less, buy it when they take you to the old Bicardi factory in Santiago De Cuba, it's hard to find elsewhere and I missed it.