RCL Cruise Price has gone down but I paid higher price - anything i can do?

Hi All

Fairly new to this

Booked a cruise a few weeks ago, 4 of us in 2 cabins, we paid the deposit (but haven't paid the final payment yet)

Now there is a sale where comparable cabins (same category, deck, very similar to the ones I purchased) are on sale.

Is there anything I can do?

Thanks

Hi All

Fairly new to this

Booked a cruise a few weeks ago, 4 of us in 2 cabins, we paid the deposit (but haven't paid the final payment yet)

Now there is a sale where comparable cabins (same category, deck, very similar to the ones I purchased) are on sale.

Is there anything I can do?

Thanks

Have you booked in the UK or the USA? If you're from the UK you won't get anything as our rules are different to the USA. Here in the UK, once we book a holiday we're locked in to that and if we cancel we lose our deposits and also often have cancellation charges added too.

• 3 weeks later...

A lot depends on when and how you booked. If you booked direct or through a travel agent. If the cruise is way out in the future, prior to a date when cancellation charges kick in, chances you can get the price decrease. Before you do anything check your contract. Some travel agents require a service charge for any changes, the larger travel agents usually do not.

If you are not yet to the point where cancellation charges would apply, I'd suggest you call your travel agent and see what they offer. Be sure to have the information regarding the the cruise line's lower price available to share with them. If you booked direct, and are not to the point of cancellation charges, call the cruise line. If they are reluctant, mention that you are thinking about canceling. The logic, if you cancel, you can rebook at the lower price. Of course, there always the possibility that if you do cancel and rebook, you may not get the same cabin(s).

I use a travel agent that will make the price adjustments for us. I just call and mention the cruise line's new price and they give it to us. They do this even though we may be within dates of cancellation charges, but is still before the final payment. Of course, we have been with them for about 15 years.

Good luck,

Betty