Country Club Casual dress

Gator83

There are lots of threads on the dress code

basically for dinner

nice slacks collared shirt for men

nice top with nice slacks/skirt or a dress for the ladies

daytime you can wear just about anything except swimwear to the dining venues

Waves just wear a cover up over your swimsuit if you want to eat outside

I wondered about this as well. Over the weekend I went on youtube to see video's of Riviera which we will be cruising on in June and I was able to see what most people wear on board. It is kind of all over the board but mostly just casual clothing during the day and dress casual in the evening. I maybe over dressed in the evening but I have some fantastic summer dresses that I just can't wait to wear on this trip. I am trying to stay on the side of nice rather than super comfy. My parents are taking myself and my family on this trip and they don't do super causal.

I wondered about this as well. Over the weekend I went on youtube to see video's of Riviera which we will be cruising on in June and I was able to see what most people wear on board. It is kind of all over the board but mostly just casual clothing during the day and dress casual in the evening. I maybe over dressed in the evening but I have some fantastic summer dresses that I just can't wait to wear on this trip. I am trying to stay on the side of nice rather than super comfy. My parents are taking myself and my family on this trip and they don't do super causal.

as long as you meet the minimum dress code you can dress up as much as you like BUT do not expect everyone else will be dressing to the nines as well ;)

Enjoy

Personally, if the guys have a collared shirt--that passes, even like a polo, but I prefer the regular shirt thing. Women are all over the board. Don't obsess about it, but don't come looking like you just got in from "the street". Just dress nicely.

dockers and a golf shirt....maybe a long sleeve dress shirt and a blazer.... nice shoes closed toe , dress in a manner you would feel comfortable in at a nice local restaurant . No tux, tails or 3 piece suit.....I mean you can but not many will...

as long as you meet the minimum dress code you can dress up as much as you like BUT do not expect everyone else will be dressing to the nines as well ;)

Enjoy

I'm not expecting others to dress to the nines. I wont be either. Just plan to wear my summer dresses to dinner most nights. That's me and I'm certainly not going to worry about how others are dressed except from my husband and son.

I'm not expecting others to dress to the nines. I wont be either. Just plan to wear my summer dresses to dinner most nights. That's me and I'm certainly not going to worry about how others are dressed except from my husband and son.

That is the perfect attitude. I don't worry about what others wear or eat - their business, none of mine.

But don't shop there or you will see yourself coming and going! Lol

Think dinner in a nice restaurant. Not formal. No jeans.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sorry Laraine..I shop there all the time and never see myself "coming and going"

Jancruz1

Enjoy

"dressing to the nines" have heard it before, but where did that term come from? Anyone?

You will be fine then

Believe me there have been some people posting here that complained about others not "dressing up" for dinner :eek:

Edited by LHT28

"dressing to the nines" have heard it before, but where did that term come from? Anyone?

From Wikipedia : "To the nines" is an English idiom meaning "to perfection" or "to the highest degree" or to dress "buoyantly and high class". In modern English usage, the phrase most commonly appears as "dressed to the nines" or "dressed up to the nines". The phrase is said to be Scots in origin.:D

You will be fine then

Believe there have been some people posting here that complained about others not "dressing up" for dinner :eek:

Most of us are here because we don't do Formal" And do not want to. One of the reasons we switched from Crystal 10 years ago. Don't want to drag a tux, suit, sport jacket on vacation. Also we think the food is better on O, especially once the O ships have 4 specialities.

Most of us are here because we don't do Formal" And do not want to. One of the reasons we switched from Crystal 10 years ago. Don't want to drag a tux, suit, sport jacket on vacation. Also we think the food is better on O, especially once the O ships have 4 specialities.

I agree

we do not do formal

DH may take his blazer sometimes

Thank you everyone for your responses. I cannot search this site on my phone which is why I asked. My sister-in-law is worried about what to wear since she is retired and I guess just wears jeans everwhere. I know she can't wear jeans and I know what CC Casual means but I just wanted to know what is actually worn vs what the website says. I will tell her to just go buy a few items.....lol. My brotger will wear dockers and polo shirts. I will wear my work clothes. I am definitely glad there is no formal night.

Thanks again

I typically wear a sports jacket, no tie, to the Specialties, but rarely to the GDR. Well within the description of country club casual. At least every country club I've belonged . No where does that approach "formal"!

I am definitely glad there is no formal night.

Amen, Gator! As much as I love to dress up, schlepping a couple of gowns over thousands of miles is just too much in these days of luggage limitations!

From Wikipedia : "To the nines" is an English idiom meaning "to perfection" or "to the highest degree" or to dress "buoyantly and high class". In modern English usage, the phrase most commonly appears as "dressed to the nines" or "dressed up to the nines". The phrase is said to be Scots in origin.:D

Bravo and well done! Gotta love those Scots, and from my ancestors that introduced the kilt:D

Sorry some people are being kind of mean!

Your sister can't wear jeans to dinner, other than to the Terrace, where I have seen lots of jeans, tshirts and shorts at dinner (not that I would ever do that myself). She can however wear jeans during the day all the time if she wants. I just don't understand the allure of jeans. To me, they are not very comfortable. I much prefer dresses.

In the evening, I usually wear a dress--sundress or cocktail dress depending on where we are and the weather. Sometimes I wear slacks and a top. My husband does not take a suit or tie, but if we are somewhere that is cooler, he will take a sports coat. Mostly in the evening, he wears slacks and long sleeve dress shirt.