How to online purchase restaurant package-Journey

luvtravel

We are booked on a September cruise and taking care of details for our trip. We want to purchase a restaurant package shown on the website but cannot see a way to do it, although we clicked on the 'phone or do online purchase' tab. We tried calling but were on hold over 30 minutes before giving up - and that was using their system that's supposted to call us when they have an customer service person available. Very frustrated with Azamara's website and antiquated reservation system. We have always been happy with any customer service person we've spoken to when we've been able to get through. We have cruised this line a few times before - and had forgotten that these same issues existed then too - so they haven't been able to do an update. We do have lots of time I think to purchase this -- will call during the week unless anyone has been able to do this restaurant purchase online and let me in on the secret (LOL:D)!

Thanks!!

I too have been looking for the on board restaurant packages. If they don;t let you buy the package and make reservations before hand like all other lines including their own RCCL & Celebrity then how you can you get the times and dates you want? Are you supposed to just drop back and punt or not buy them? This seems to me like another dum dum Azamara policy.

I am getting soooooooooooooooo nervous about this cruise being first time Azamara

Kathy

I too have been looking for the on board restaurant packages. If they don;t let you buy the package and make reservations before hand like all other lines including their own RCCL & Celebrity then how you can you get the times and dates you want? Are you supposed to just drop back and punt or not buy them? This seems to me like another dum dum Azamara policy.

I am getting soooooooooooooooo nervous about this cruise being first time Azamara

Kathy

I'm not sure their reasoning for handling the reservations this way. I agree its frustrating. On a cruise with Oceania last year - the specialty dining was included free in 3 of their restaurants. One of them we could never get into before 9pm...late for us so didn't go. We are wondering if we purchase the package on Azamara if it will be a problem getting a reservations at or around the time good for us. On other ships with pay-for restaurants - there seemed to be no problem getting a reservation. Aside from this issue -- Don't be nervous...I believe you will really enjoy your cruise. This will be our 5th time on Azamara - and have really enjoyed each trip.

Don't forget there are under 700 passengers and many of these never go near the speciality restaurants. On our last cruise we went to the dining reservations desk in Discoveries bar on the first afternoon and had no problem getting the times and dates we wanted in both restaurants. The fact that no-one can book before the first day means that all the bookings are available at the beginning of the cruise. If you are in a suite you can see your butler as soon as you get in your cabin (ring him if he's not around), tell him what reservations you want and he will sort it out for you.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by Host Grandma Cruising

Don't forget there are under 700 passengers and many of these never go near the speciality restaurants. On our last cruise we went to the dining reservations desk in Discoveries bar on the first afternoon and had no problem getting the Times and dates we wanted in both restaurants. The fact that no-one can book before the first day means that all the bookings are available at the beginning of the cruise. If you are in a suite you can see your butler as soon as you get in your cabin (ring him if he's not around), tell him what reservations you want and he will sort it out for you.

Thank you!

• 1 month later...

A tip to single passengers, do not book a specialty restaurant unless you want to eat alone. There is no provision for table sharing in the specialty restaurants. Go to the main dining room and request seating at a large table.

I've never had an issue booking the time I want in the Specialty Restaurants. In reality no-one can book online so it's a level playing field. If you want specific times then book them early would be my advice. They usually have a desk set up after check in at the pier and also onboard.

Phil

I've never had an issue booking the time I want in the Specialty Restaurants. In reality no-one can book online so it's a level playing field. If you want specific times then book them early would be my advice. They usually have a desk set up after check in at the pier and also onboard.

Phil

Ditto....

sometimes if they've decided to use one restaurant for an event e.g. The Platinum and Discoverer Plus dinner it might mean a slight tweak in plans but very full cruise with 503 repeat guests who were all restaurant savvy this week I never heard any grumbles although Aqualina was taking out for Plus and Platinum cruisers one night

Don't forget there are under 700 passengers and many of these never go near the speciality restaurants. On our last cruise we went to the dining reservations desk in Discoveries bar on the first afternoon and had no problem getting the Times and dates we wanted in both restaurants. The fact that no-one can book before the first day means that all the bookings are available at the beginning of the cruise. If you are in a suite you can see your butler as soon as you get in your cabin (ring him if he's not around), tell him what reservations you want and he will sort it out for you.

That's an excellent point, thank you!

Ditto....

sometimes if they've decided to use one restaurant for an event e.g. The Platinum and Discoverer Plus dinner it might mean a slight tweak in plans but very full cruise with 503 repeat guests who were all restaurant savvy this week I never heard any grumbles although Aqualina was taking out for Plus and Platinum cruisers one night

Does every cruise have a speciality dinner for Plus/Platinum cruisers? I first heard of this from your (very enjoyable) recent blog from the Journey, would you know if these are also held on the Quest?

Does every cruise have a speciality dinner for Plus/Platinum cruisers? I first heard of this from your (very enjoyable) recent blog from the Journey, would you know if these are also held on the Quest?

Usually this has been a brunch or breakfast in the past. Lately it's been overwhelmed with Celebrity people who have done few Azamara cruises.

That's a shame.

Re: Shared tables in specialty restaurants. I agree. I think it's an experiment worth trying. The chef's tables are great for solos, though. I just wish they could be round tables. Logistically tricky, but easier to talk to more people. Still, they're fun and oh, the food!

Usually this has been a brunch or breakfast in the past. Lately it's been overwhelmed with Celebrity people who have done few Azamara cruises.

Thank you. Yes, we have been to these brunches/breakfasts for Discoverer and above but this is the first time I've heard of a speciality dinner for Plus and above.

Thank you. Yes, we have been to these brunches/breakfasts for Discoverer and above but this is the first time I've heard of a speciality dinner for Plus and above.

I think they are trying different things . There were sailaway evening cocktail evenings held on my recent sailings on deck 11 and another at the Sunset Veranda. I haven't seen that before.

I enjoy the breakfasts in Prime C. If there are a lot of LCV members they will do more than one. Always very civilised and great service from the crew there.

Phil

Sail away evening cocktail parties sound interesting Phil. As you know, I'm always ready for a cocktail! 😄🍸

Must confess the Discoverer Plus brekkie is a bit too early for me so I often skip it...unless a certain someone wakes me up very early!

Sail away evening cocktail parties sound interesting Phil. As you know, I'm always ready for a cocktail! 😄🍸

They were very good, especially the one at the Sunset Veranda. Chef Iwan had gone to a lot of trouble with the food display, but a lot seemed to go to waste because it was close to dinner time.

Phil

The Norway cruise had less days to play with and cooler temps so the sunset verandah wasn't open several days (understandable) so they did not host a canapés event. There was a morning cocktail party for top suites, Platinums and VIPs; the dinner for Platinum and Discoverer Plus and the brunch for Discoverers.

I've no issue that they look after arrivals from Celebrity- that's how they've grown their market.

The biggest challenge they had was the LCV party.....503 returners an all time record.

• 1 month later...