If you book a guarantee cabin, at what time do you find out your suite?

I have learned a few weeks in advance and i have learned when arriving at the ship. With all the upsells now, you might learn a few weeks in advance and then be offered an upsell depending on whether the ship is fully booked.

Are you going just to SFO or all the way to Miami? Cat H guarantee?

Marc

Somewhere from just after you book to at the pier waiting to board.

That's about it. I'm thinking the average time is like five days out. My in-laws were notified about 10 days out last year, but I've read several posts from people who were assigned their cabins on embarkation day.

We are in a Category H guarantee. Nervous and excited about it at the same time! Thanks!

I have learned a few weeks in advance and i have learned when arriving at the ship. With all the upsells now, you might learn a few weeks in advance and then be offered an upsell depending on whether the ship is fully booked.

Are you going just to SFO or all the way to Miami? Cat H guarantee?

Marc

We are in a Category H guarantee. Nervous and excited about it at the same time! Thanks!

Cat H on Navigator are wonderful; you should get assigned a Cat H cabin and then offered an upsell to a balcony. If you have any concerns about vibration, probably want to say no to a Cat F balcony towards stern. Forward Cat E or Midships Cat E or D are good upgrades to purchase at right price.

Marc

Thank you everyone. I can't wait. Thanks for the heads up! What does a typical upsell go for? I'm thinking it's not at all like the lines I'm used to sailing!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

\

It depends upon the length of the cruise and the category you are booked in. It can go from hundreds to thousands of dollars. Not sure what cruise lines you normally sail (it is helpful if you put that in your signature).

I'm booked in Category H for 11 nights to Alaska. Thank you!!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

Me, personally, wouldn't pay more than $1500 total (not per person) for a balcony cabin midships or forward. Any other upsell isn't worth it (to me).

edited to add: Of course, I have sailed Navigator three times and never with a balcony; G once and H twice.

Marc

Edited by Marq

Our last Navigator cruise, we were already booked and then we decided to take my in-laws with us. We were in a Cat F and we booked them a Cat F Guarantee. Well, guess who got the upgrade to a PH-B?? Yep, not us, obviously. ;p

They offered to let us take the PH, but since on Navigator it's all the same cabin size, we let them have the butler. They got a kick out of that. But a four cat upgrade ain't all bad.

Cat H on Navigator are wonderful; you should get assigned a Cat H cabin and then offered an upsell to a balcony. If you have any concerns about vibration, probably want to say no to a Cat F balcony towards stern. Forward Cat E or Midships Cat E or D are good upgrades to purchase at right price.

Sailing on 7/20 Panama Canal cruise. Got a call from TA telling us that our tickets are in the mail and also saying that if an upsell is offered then it would probably be a week or so before sail. Like other posters he recommended that we should always go midship regardless of the deck.

Just found out yesterday from My Account on the Regent website that we are in a cat F cabin after booking a guarantee H cabin. We are sailing on the 18th of June on Voyager so we found out just a week before setting off. We have been on Voyager several times so we were happy with whatever we ended up with. Wouldn't book a guarantee on Navigator though.

Just found out yesterday from My Account on the Regent website that we are in a cat F cabin after booking a guarantee H cabin. We are sailing on the 18th of June on Voyager so we found out just a week before setting off. We have been on Voyager several times so we were happy with whatever we ended up with. Wouldn't book a guarantee on Navigator though.

Why wouldn't you book a guarantee on Navigator? I ask this because I did book an H on Navigator.

IMO, there are many of us that would not book a guarantee on the Navigator as there is a concern that you could be assigned an aft suite. The aft vibration is real and, although some people are not bothered by it, others feel that it has ruined their cruise. For this reason, most TA's that book Regent regularly will suggest that their clients not book a guarantee or an aft suite.

Yes that's exactly why. I'd read on here about aft vibration and so I walked round the decks the first time I was on Navigator. I think anything aft of the lifts at the back has too much vibration for me. An H guarantee should be OK as they are at the front, but you could get an upgrade to a different category. We liked Navigator very much though and I'm sure you'll have a fantastic time.

Yes that's exactly why. I'd read on here about aft vibration and so I walked round the decks the first time I was on Navigator. I think anything aft of the lifts at the back has too much vibration for me. An H guarantee should be OK as they are at the front, but you could get an upgrade to a different category. We liked Navigator very much though and I'm sure you'll have a fantastic time.

off topic a bit but what is it like the other (bow) end of the ship? We will be in 902 next year and it bit wary as it isn't mid ship. There was nothing left so we had no choice :( . Apart from the possible bumpy ride I am concerned as to the length of the corridor to the lifts. I'm hoping it is a reasonably small corridor as I am walking stick disabled and am a bit worried about it.