Azamara 'Nights On Us' Sale is Real

Host Jazzbeau

The new 'Nights On Us' sale worked out very well on my Jan 15, 2018 Costa Rica-intensive cruise. I had originally booked under the BOGOHO+ sale, and thought that was a good deal. But under the current sale I saved an additional $768 (in an N1).

We booked a 2018 B2B when we were on Quest last week and seemed to have a very good deal using the free nights offer. We also had a lot of OBC ....if it all works out! Still waiting for our confirmation.

Were you able to combine the sale price, the LCV discount and the OBC benefits (did they still offer OBC for booking on board, booking early and for the b2b)?

Were you able to combine the sale price, the LCV discount and the OBC benefits (did they still offer OBC for booking on board, booking early and for the b2b)?

Yes Bob we were. Our LCV benefits, the free days, booking onboard and the B2B benefits. We also got a special deal because we booked the day the "twosistersmeet" in Barcelona happened. It was a really good price and the OBC is phenomenal....considering us Brits very rarely get any at all! I think I will manage to spend it though. I see lots of Spa treatments and jewellery purchases in my future! 😀

The new 'Nights On Us' sale worked out very well on my Jan 15, 2018 Costa Rica-intensive cruise. I had originally booked under the BOGOHO+ sale, and thought that was a good deal. But under the current sale I saved an additional $768 (in an N1).

Glad it worked out for you Greg. Problem is it doesn't work as well for others. In our case they raised the fare on the first day of the program such that by reducing the price by the 4 "free" nites, the fare is exactly the same to the penny as what we already had at full price.

If our cruise wasn't listed to have the 4 free nites, would not be as upset but, extremely misleading to include a cruise in the promotion that is not truly reduced.

Have my great TA working on this issue and hoping for a fair resolution.

Happy for you! Nothing for us here where we could say it works...

Yes Bob we were. Our LCV benefits, the free days, booking onboard and the B2B benefits. We also got a special deal because we booked the day the "twosistersmeet" in Barcelona happened. It was a really good price and the OBC is phenomenal....considering us Brits very rarely get any at all! I think I will manage to spend it though. I see lots of Spa treatments and jewellery purchases in my future! 😀

Thank you. We booked a b2b while on board last year and got the BOGOHO, $200 OBC for booking on board, $500 for early booking and $400 for the b2b. Even with a lot of it earmarked for excursions, I can see some "free" jewelry in my wife's future. I find it interesting to compare the sales. 4 days off on a 15-night cruise is about 27% which is better than BOGOHO. I hope this is the new standard as the frequent double upgrade doesn't apply to suites. I'm hoping this will be offered in 2019 as we have 3 booked.

We're also booked on that cruise and the following one. Did it under the twice is nice promotion in an OV. I had my TA (from a big online agency) check with the new promo to see if it would be cheaper but his totals came out more expensive plus he said I wouldn't get as much obc. Not sure if it's because we're booked in CAD.

The twice as nice was a great promotion -- but you had to use a ton of OBC which we would find difficult to do. I like this new promotion because it is a cash discount. [Cash is king, whether USD or CAD]

We booked a B2B on that sailing too; happy that all of the OBC can be used for anything we want!!

Glad it worked out for you Greg. Problem is it doesn't work as well for others. In our case they raised the fare on the first day of the program such that by reducing the price by the 4 "free" nites, the fare is exactly the same to the penny as what we already had at full price.

If our cruise wasn't listed to have the 4 free nites, would not be as upset but, extremely misleading to include a cruise in the promotion that is not truly reduced.

Have my great TA working on this issue and hoping for a fair resolution.

Azamara didn't raise the price on the two B2B we just booked on this new promotion. Our friends booked the same cruises while we were on the Quest and they really came out well!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm really confused. We did an onboard booking on the Quest in December. We got the LCV double promo. It was a double discount totaling $640 plus early booking of $400 sbc and under the LCV double promo, became an $800 sbc.

Our agent mentioned this deal to us, but said we would lose our LCV double promo discount as well as the double LCV Sbc. She also said we might have to cancel and rebook. Which I don't think would happen because of the price guarantee.

This promo looks to be $636 cheaper per cabin even if we were to lose the entire $640 LCV double promo for booking onboard. Sounds like we would still get the normal LCV discount of $320, which would make this a $956 savings. Is this correct?

I guess the same would be true on the double sbc for early booking? So, we would only get $400 sbc instead of $800, even though under the current early booking it would be $500?

Is that correct as well?

Nobody here can answer your question as we don't have a copy of your original invoice nor know what cruise you have booked. Doesn't appear your TA has s clue either

Only thing to do is to ask your agent to get Azamara to price thus promo and compare it side by side with your current invoice.

This promo is a hodge podge OT true free notes, raising the price such that the free notes promo is the exact same price as the cruise was the day before the promo and probably other variations.

Only way to know if it is better for you is to compare apples to apples or invoices side by side. Nobody on here can make that decision go you as some people want more OBC while others want a lower price and vice versa.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Nobody here can answer your question as we don't have a copy of your original invoice nor know what cruise you have booked. Doesn't appear your TA has s clue either

Only thing to do is to ask your agent to get Azamara to price thus promo and compare it side by side with your current invoice.

This promo is a hodge podge OT true free notes, raising the price such that the free notes promo is the exact same price as the cruise was the day before the promo and probably other variations.

Only way to know if it is better for you is to compare apples to apples or invoices side by side. Nobody on here can make that decision go you as some people want more OBC while others want a lower price and vice versa.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They didn't raise the price on any that I had looked at or on the ones we booked

I was hoping to book Azamara on Solstice in September but there are some pretty decent deals right now, I may not wait.

Hi everyone!

Im sailing Oceania in 2017 & 2018. However I do have my eye on some Azamara 2019 sailings and would love to add Azamara to my cruise line pool. Comparing to O (which tends to price well initially and then increase fares as the sailing approaches). I find A is the opposite. 2019 prices are sky high and it seems sale periods are the best time to book. How frequent are sales and when should I expect 2019 sales to start? early 2018?

Also is it fairly easier to re-fare when new promotions arise. We reside in Australia. Not sure if there are costs to re-fare?

I would love to book A in now for 2019 but not at the current coin when O have things priced significantly lower.

There are two good promotions that Azamara has and we have used both, they are: Buy One, get 2nd person 50 percent off and Double upgrade promotion (where you pay for an inside and get a veranda.) Last 2 years I have noticed the double upgrade promotion occurring in the fall. Last year in July when we booked onboard they were having BOGO 50 percent off. The current promotion of "Nights on Us" is not good for 2019 and seems to be very hit or miss as to whether it is a sale,

For 2018, some people have posted they have saved $ with it but on the two 2018 cruises we were tracking it appeared they manipulated prices for the "sale" and the price was not any less with the "sale." You really have to track prices with Azamara. We are in the U.S. so not sure how they handle repricing in Australia but can tell you we had two different experiences, first cruise we booked we were able to rebook without penalty twice for a total of $1,400 in savings but when we tried to rebook are upcoming one our travel agent was told the promotion was for "new bookings only" -- however it should be noted the first cruise we booked without any promotions at the time and the 2nd with the BOGO so that could be the difference. You are right though--2019 prices are ridiculous and in some cases more expensive than 2018 prices on Seabourn and Silversea which are higher end lines and more inclusive so unless there are adjustments Azamara may lose some devoted clients to other lines.