Seattle: 9 People. Hotel & Transportation

letter17

Hey all you crazy kids!

As part of a 29 person group, my part of the group has 9 people. We are flying in from Denver and arriving after midnight on a Friday. Cruise leaves Saturday. So we need a place to stay for two nights.

What is driving me nuts is trying to figure out what the best way to do this is.

Stay cheaper near the airport and get rides downtown (we probably want to go hang downtown on Friday). Get Rental Cars? Get Shuttles?

Or cheaper to find somewhere downtown? and only have to get a shuttle to the hotel and to the port? Or find a hotel that has a shuttle?

Currently I have two rooms at Rodeway Inn near the airport for less than 500 for the two nights. After a few hours of searching, I'm going balder and not making friends at home.

I was kind of noticing that too.

I ended up finding a great deal on hotwire for hotel. We are staying at The W.

My question would still remain on transportation from there. Should we use Shuttle Express or is there another option?

Hey all you crazy kids!

As part of a 29 person group, my part of the group has 9 people. We are flying in from Denver and arriving after midnight on a Friday. Cruise leaves Saturday. So we need a place to stay for two nights.

What is driving me nuts is trying to figure out what the best way to do this is.

Stay cheaper near the airport and get rides downtown (we probably want to go hang downtown on Friday). Get Rental Cars? Get Shuttles?

Or cheaper to find somewhere downtown? and only have to get a shuttle to the hotel and to the port? Or find a hotel that has a shuttle?

Currently I have two rooms at Rodeway Inn near the airport for less than 500 for the two nights. After a few hours of searching, I'm going balder and not making friends at home.

Little confused here: You're arriving Friday after midnight, sailing Saturday, and you need rooms for 2 nights?

Anyway, If you're wanting to explore downtown Seattle I would opt for a hotel in or near downtown. Yes, they are more expensive, but you won't loose as much time, or have the cost of transportation back and forth. I think in that case, convenience would outweigh cost for me.

If downtown is just too expensive for the budget, I'd look for an airport hotel close to the light rail line that goes into downtown. The light rail is a great, inexpensive transportation option, although the trip from the airport area to downtown does take a little time. But it's smooth and convenient and you can get off at a couple of good downtown stops for sightseeing...assuming that you're ok with walking hilly Seattle.

I recommend the light rail because traffic up and down I5 or 99 (which are the two principal routes from downtown to the airport area) can be awful, particularly at rush hours.

I don't think any of the airport hotels offer cruise port shuttles, but on your departure morning you can just taxi or Uber to the port.

Hey all you crazy kids!

Added: You didn't mention your cruise line, but be aware that there are two cruise terminals in Seattle. One is right in downtown, at pier 66. The other is NOT in downtown, but north and west of downtown, in Smith cove at Pier 91. There are NO hotels around the pier 91 area anyway, so if you're sailing from there, you're back to the downtown vs airport considerations.

I was kind of noticing that too.

I ended up finding a great deal on hotwire for hotel. We are staying at The W.

My question would still remain on transportation from there. Should we use Shuttle Express or is there another option?

For 9? Are a couple of those kids? (They tolerate the third row of seats just fine)

I'd be inclined to have two people request uberXL from the W to either pier. Your pickup time is likely to be about six minutes and two of those fares will definitely be less than shuttle express for 9

Yes, Friday after midnight, which would be Thursday night as far as Hotels are concerned.

As mentioned, we did find a rooms at The W for great deal. We found that we were going to spend a lot for shuttles going back and forth, so it was really going to be more convenient to be downtown.

We are cruising on Princess, so yes, Smith at 91. Should we just get the Shuttle again? The Shuttle for 9 is $100, so just trying to see if we can save a few bucks somewhere.

Little confused here: You're arriving Friday after midnight, sailing Saturday, and you need rooms for 2 nights?

Anyway, If you're wanting to explore downtown Seattle I would opt for a hotel in or near downtown. Yes, they are more expensive, but you won't loose as much time, or have the cost of transportation back and forth. I think in that case, convenience would outweigh cost for me.

If downtown is just too expensive for the budget, I'd look for an airport hotel close to the light rail line that goes into downtown. The light rail is a great, inexpensive transportation option, although the trip from the airport area to downtown does take a little time. But it's smooth and convenient and you can get off at a couple of good downtown stops for sightseeing...assuming that you're ok with walking hilly Seattle.

I recommend the light rail because traffic up and down I5 or 99 (which are the two principal routes from downtown to the airport area) can be awful, particularly at rush hours.

I don't think any of the airport hotels offer cruise port shuttles, but on your departure morning you can just taxi or Uber to the port.

Precruise hotel - Seattle

Has anyone ever stayed at the Staybridge Suites Seattle - Fremont? I contacted the hotel and they claim to be 5 minutes from Pier 91 and around 25 minutes from the airport. I'm concerned because I've read several reviews of this hotel from several different sites and no one ever mentions staying there precruise....

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

its a brand spanking new hotel open less than one yr. Very nice. Its on a busy highway but the area would be great, close to the zoo and yes very close to Pier 91. I know they have a shuttle which is rare in Seattle but they may just take you. If the rate is good I wouldn't worry about staying there.

• 3 weeks later...

Me and my family are looking at booking at the Fairfield Inn by the Seattle airport. It's very reasonably priced, but was wondering if anyone had any information about this hotel. Is it nice or should it totally be avoided?

My party is getting a package with the hotel that includes a transfer to cruise port - We are staying at Holiday Inn near Seatac

Me and my family are looking at booking at the Fairfield Inn by the Seattle airport. It's very reasonably priced, but was wondering if anyone had any information about this hotel. Is it nice or should it totally be avoided?

there are multiple Fairfiled's at Seatac so its helpful to say which one

If you want to be close to Pier 91 but still have access to downtown like Pike Place I would stay in Seattle center area (near space needle and key arena). It is cheaper then downtown and there is a monorail that goes from seattle center to 3 blocks from pike place for $2.25/adult and $1/child each way. You can Uber from your hotel to the pier for anywhere from $10-18 per car (prices depend on how high the demand is that time of day). If you have never used Uber before find a promo code to get $20 free for your first uber ride... have two people order uber with the promo and your rides are free! They use your cell phone number as your acct so cant make multiple accounts on same phone. I live near Seattle and would honestly prefer spending a tad more for city center hotels then staying in Seatac, We are doing that for our cruise in aug 2018.