Yankee Trails from upstate NY to the Breakaway.

boscobeans

Many thanks to Darlene62:

"I have used them many times and it's awesome. Once you hand bags to driver to load on bus you don't have to touch your luggage till it's at your door. We always tip the long shore men a few bucks. It's a popular bus and often times they are running multiple buses for the same trip. Sometimes you will need to stop to Kingston and Poughkeepsie I believe to pick up a few passengers.Unless an unusual event in NYC we are there before 10:30 sometimes even earlier. A few suggestions..if mobility issues reserve a seat up front, call day before to confirm reservation and find out what bus you will be on and finally...do NOT rush off the ship. In the many trips I have been on the bus has not once been there before 10:30 and there is no place to sit or take cover waiting for the bus.The bus will wait for you!".

bosco

They are great

However when we used them they unloaded our bags from the bus and we took them into the terminal. :)

I would use them again anytime.

At the Manhattan Cruise Terminal the buses pull into parking stalls at the street level. Though I've not personally taken a bus to the MCT, I've seen the procedure many times and there were always porters to meet the buses at the parking stalls. There's nothing on the street level for a passenger to bring their luggage to. The check in level is on the first level above the street, which is where taxis, private cars and car services drop their passengers off. That is the other place where you can find porters to take your luggage. To get up there you'd have to drag your luggage onto the elevator in order to go upstairs to find a porter there.

Maybe there was something unusual taking place that day, but it's not what I've observed many, many times.

Edited by njhorseman

• 2 weeks later...

May I suggest one thing. Do not be late in getting on the bus going down. Last year I took Yankee Trails *YT* bus from Albany, NY to NYC and was there an 1/2 hour early before it was schedule to leave around 6:30am for a 7am departure, There were 3 of us on the bus including the bus driver, The driver attempted to contact the other 9 people who was suppose to be traveling with us and their cell phones were off or they did not answer and the voice mail was full. It was a family traveling together and when they looked at the voice they saw 7am and thought they had to show up by then instead if this being the time the bus leaves. We left about 20 minutes late after all their luggage was loaded, We had a great bus driver who made up the 20 minute delay and in fact got us to the terminal earlier than what YT say you will arrive. I know that this may not always happen but it was great to have the bus park right in front of the Gem, the ship we were all sailing on. For the most part I do take YT and if I don't take Amtrak which is about the same price but you do have to pay for parking at Amtrak if you leave your car as compared to free parking at YT and you do not have to take a cab from Amtrak to YT or YT to Amtrak I am taking the Gem out of NYC this December and since I now live in Buffalo, NY I am taking Amtrak to Albany spending the night and taking a taxi to YT and do the opposite when I get back. My train leaves the afternoon when I get back so there will be no staying over night and it will be December 23rd Hope this helps and gives you some info re YT