Montreal Cruise Terminal Question

jdaa

This question is for anyone familiar with the newly-renovated Montreal Cruise Terminal. We'll be driving in the day our cruise departs in a rented car, and I'm trying to figure out the logistics. I'd like to park at the Terminal, leave our luggage, then go return the rental car . We'd return to the terminal on foot, after exploring the area for a few hours.

I plan to drop luggage around 10:00 AM, and our ship does't begin boarding until 2:00 PM. I see that short-term parking is available at the Terminal, so assume that's no problem. My question is: will we be allowed to drop off luggage at the Terminal before the ship officially begins boarding?

We've done this a couple of times before at very small ports, when we can drive right up to the ship. Just not sure if it is allowed at a larger, more organized Terminal where there may be several ships boarding at the same time?

I would really appreciate your help! We're sailing September 12, 2017 on the Quest.

Our cruise documents say "PIER: IBERVILLE PASSENGER TERMINAL A, check in starts at 0200P"

And the port schedule indicates our berth is H3.

We will have a fair amount of luggage. Is the parking area reasonably close?

The parking beside the terminal should open on Sept. 9th. It is very close to the terminal. So, for your cruise date, you should be ok, but I would have a plan B just in case. Other parking alternatives are nearby.

The luggage consignment service is available both for embarking and disembarking passengers from 7:00 to 17:00, 4.00 CAD per bag.

More info. for parking and luggage consignment in this link:

http://www.port-montreal.com/en/access-to-berths.html

I don't know which car rental company you are using, but several have offices near the terminal. Here is a link with the adresses and maps to get there from the terminal:

http://cruises.alamontreal.com/access-to-montreal/

Also, maybe you are aware of this already, but all road signs in Québec are in French. So, I would bring a GPS along. Because of traffic, I would enter downtown Montréal after 9:00 to avoid rush hour.

The parking beside the terminal should open on Sept. 9th. It is very close to the terminal. So, for your cruise date, you should be ok, but I would have a plan B just in case. Other parking alternatives are nearby.

The luggage consignment service is available both for embarking and disembarking passengers from 7:00 to 17:00, 4.00 CAD per bag.

More info. for parking and luggage consignment in this link:

http://www.port-montreal.com/en/access-to-berths.html

I don't know which car rental company you are using, but several have offices near the terminal. Here is a link with the adresses and maps to get there from the terminal:

http://cruises.alamontreal.com/access-to-montreal/

Also, maybe you are aware of this already, but all road signs in Québec are in French. So, I would bring a GPS along. Because of traffic, I would enter downtown Montréal after 9:00 to avoid rush hour.

Great information!! Thank you so much!!!

• 3 weeks later...