Pier 66 to Sea-Tac

speedinbk

We are cruising the NCL Pearl in a few days and I would like to know the options available getting back to Sea Tac. Ship docks at 8am and our flight is at noon. We are planning on walking off, so with that being said, should we take a cab or shuttle? I want to be economical, but also want to make sure we make it on time. Where are the shuttle and cab stands located and what can we expect to pay for two coming from Pier 66?

Thanks for the help

Edited by speedinbk

For two you would be at the break even point cost wise for Shuttle Express versus taxi. $44 for two people one-way to airport via Shuttle Express and about $40 for taxi. Taxi will be faster to catch with less waiting to fill the shuttle.

If your airline is participating in the new (free) Port Valet program you can have your luggage airport tagged on the ship and be delivered direct to your flight. Without luggage to lug around it opens the option to walk up to Westlake Center and take Link lightrail to the airport - your cheapest option at $3 per person.

We wanted to try the new luggage program, but I can't get a confirmation on NCL from Pier 66.

We will be taking lite rail to our hotel pre cruise, but I'm not sure I wanted to risk it going back to the airport from Pier 66. I might opt for the taxi as to not have to wait for the shuttle to fill. Are taxies fairly easy to come by early in the morning during debarkation?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'd be cautious, we just got off jewel on the 8th. even though I checked in on my phone confirming our flight for 6 with southwest. after filling out their form that is delivered to staterooms and turned in 3 days prior to docking .Friday night around 7 you get boarding passes and luggage tags ,then we were informed 1 out of 6 was not qualified which they could not explain why. we were short luggage tags, which they just duplicate not print new ones. also if you get boarding passes, your luggage claim number is on the bottom make sure you separate it. our experience. we flew Seattle to new York with stop in Chicago arrived in new York minus 2 bags, Seattle and Chicago both kept boarding passes, which we find out after the fact has the claim # on bottom of boarding pass. then discover numbers are same which all they do is duplicate if you are short, which we were. the bottom line, one bag ended up in new Mexico, we just got today, other bag they have no clue, actually said today to wait until Thursday that will be 5 days to file a claim. not sounding good. if they get the bugs worked out it would be great, the light rail was great $3 per person about a 35 minute ride to SeaTac. no problem somewhere is our suitcase with all the pictures from the cruise, the ones which we bought on ship. frustrated. you decide

Interesting. I don't like the sound of that duplicated tags bit. Each bag needs to have a unique ID for trace-ability. With the security scanning of bags you would think there would be a link between the "record" of the scan and the unique bag identifier. It all goes into a database so things can be reviewed if there is an "incident". I wonder if Port of Seattle is aware of what they are doing onboard with the duplicated tags. :confused: For that matter TSA too. :eek:

An UberX is generally a little cheaper than a cab and is undoubtedly higher-quality. I would never end my vacation waiting for people I don't know to fill a bus or van.

Light Rail takes about 15 minutes longer than a cab, but is very rarely a victim of traffic, which can be random in Seattle.