High Tea at Burj Al Arab in Dubai

rabin1

Hi

You all probably know what this is since most of you are such experienced travelers. For those that do not know it is a self proclaimed only seven star hotel in the world. It is the hotel in Dubai that you can only as a visitor see the lobby unless you are staying there or going for one of the restaurant venues. It is the one shaped like the front of a ship

One of the things I have always wanted to do is have high tea in their Skyview restaurant in a window seat to be able to see all over Dubai. It is very expensive but is a seven course really more than enough for dinner or lunch. They also have one in the lobby that is not as expensive. They also have several time slots for both of these. To me the point is to be able to just experience the hotel itself and be on the top of the world so to speak. It is literally a once in a lifetime experience.

You have to have your confirmation to get past the guard to go on the walkway to the hotel which is in the water. Not sure how to just go see the lobby. Anyway the reservations are hard to make. I made mine yesterday as I wanted to be sure to be able to get a window seat. as I said it is very expensive and extra for the window seat. It was over $200.00

Telling you all this in case any of you might want to also go have high tea on the other cruises that will be going to Dubai and so that you have time to make the reservation.

ENJOY!

Kathy

We did sunset cocktails and there was a minimum spend but less than having the high tea. It was great because we had a window seat and arrived during daylight but was there for sunset and part of the evening.

A fabulous time and I highly recommend it to anyone.

You can't get into the lobby or the hotel at all unless you have a reservation..... you do so enjoy every minute. We did the Safari lunch on my birthday a couple of years ago..

That gave us different courses in different restaurants which was wonderful as we got to eat in 4 different venues. Expensive....yes, very but definitely my best birthday treat!!

Remember to take your reservation email as they are very strict!

They are extremely strict, you cannot even have your taxi enter the approach bridge without all the paperwork and ID for yourself (unless you are on the ships excursion who handled this for us). To be honest, a window seat was not that special (the whole experience is special) so for others its not something I would worry too much about.

You also need to follow a dress code, details of which you get when you make your reservation. For men its not entirely appropriate to interpret "national dress" as go into the mall and then go dressed up as a sheik. Collared shirt and trousers (and jacket and tie if needed) was what all the western men were wearing, ladies had a nice day dress on.

They are extremely strict, you cannot even have your taxi enter the approach bridge without all the paperwork and ID for yourself (unless you are on the ships excursion who handled this for us). To be honest, a window seat was not that special (the whole experience is special) so for others its not something I would worry too much about.

You also need to follow a dress code, details of which you get when you make your reservation. For men its not entirely appropriate to interpret "national dress" as go into the mall and then go dressed up as a sheik. Collared shirt and trousers (and jacket and tie if needed) was what all the western men were wearing, ladies had a nice day dress on.

TBH The day we were there it was quite hazy so the view, even from the top wasn't very clear.......

Thank you ALL. So here are a couple responses to your posts.

I know you have to have the paperwork they told me...........but thanks for reminding me.

I want to do the high tea in the Skyview Restaurant and was not really interested in the cost. Will just sell a few more ads.......lol

I posted it here as there are other cruises besides my roll call going to Dubai.

Correct on the dress code. They told me and I looked it up.

Very excited and thanks to all of you again

Kathy

Thank you ALL. So here are a couple responses to your posts.

I know you have to have the paperwork they told me...........but thanks for reminding me.

I want to do the high tea in the Skyview Restaurant and was not really interested in the cost. Will just sell a few more ads.......lol

I posted it here as there are other cruises besides my roll call going to Dubai.

Correct on the dress code. They told me and I looked it up.

Very excited and thanks to all of you again

Kathy

Hi Kathy:

Since you have mentioned that you are a very detailed person, I wanted to tell you how it works when you go to check in for the High Tea (in case you don't already know). There is a check in podium in front of the elevator that takes you to the tea. You tell them your name (and, of course, they check their list) and then you wait for your name to be called as they take very small groups up the elevator. There isn't very much seating near the elevator and most people come a little early so there were quite a few folks waiting for their turn to go up the elevator. You can sort of tell who is there for the tea when you walk around the beautiful lobby areas. :DWe really enjoyed the tea (even though the cost for two was more than one night in our hotel). Have a wonderful trip!

Cynthia

Hi Kathy:

Since you have mentioned that you are a very detailed person, I wanted to tell you how it works when you go to check in for the High Tea (in case you don't already know). There is a check in podium in front of the elevator that takes you to the tea. You tell them your name (and, of course, they check their list) and then you wait for your name to be called as they take very small groups up the elevator. There isn't very much seating near the elevator and most people come a little early so there were quite a few folks waiting for their turn to go up the elevator. You can sort of tell who is there for the tea when you walk around the beautiful lobby areas. :DWe really enjoyed the tea (even though the cost for two was more than one night in our hotel). Have a wonderful trip!

Cynthia

Thanks and I do have a few questions. I read on some site I have been looking at can;t remember which that they only let you enter the lobby half hour before your reservation. Is that true? Also that the elevator you are speaking of is way in the back of the lobby?? Are you permitted to take photos in the lobby? You are correct. I paid over $200 for just me.

Thanks for your help

Kathy

Thanks and I do have a few questions. I read on some site I have been looking at can;t remember which that they only let you enter the lobby half hour before your reservation. Is that true? Also that the elevator you are speaking of is way in the back of the lobby?? Are you permitted to take photos in the lobby? You are correct. I paid over $200 for just me.

Thanks for your help

Kathy

We were never told there was a restriction on how early we could arrive. I think we probably arrived about 40 minutes ahead of our tea time so we could enjoy the hotel. Yes, the elevator to the tea is at the far end of the lobby. You arrive on the lower level and take an escalator up to the lobby level. You walk down a corridor by shops and by the hotel guest elevators to arrive at the checkin podium and the elevator to tea. There are some seating areas in the main lobby where it is very comfortable to sit. (You will also see the place where they have the "lobby lounge tea" and you will be so happy you booked the Skyview tea :)).

We were never told there was a restriction on how early we could arrive. I think we probably arrived about 40 minutes ahead of our tea time so we could enjoy the hotel. Yes, the elevator to the tea is at the far end of the lobby. You arrive on the lower level and take an escalator up to the lobby level. You walk down a corridor by shops and by the hotel guest elevators to arrive at the checkin podium and the elevator to tea. There are some seating areas in the main lobby where it is very comfortable to sit. (You will also see the place where they have the "lobby lounge tea" and you will be so happy you booked the Skyview tea :)).

Thanks what about taking photos in the lobby? is it permitted?

Thanks again for all your help

Kathy