Help me plan my day trip to Nassau, please :)

Bmorechick

I've searched the forums and got some answers here and there but still need some help building my itinerary. Some background: I'm cruising to the Bahamas late October with my boyfriend and our 4 year old daughter (she will be turning 5 during the cruise). I've been to Nassau via cruise twice before. This will be the first cruise/Bahamas trip for my boyfriend and daughter. We will be on RCI/Majesty of the Seas and arrive at 8am and depart 9pm.

I'd like to get a tour of Nassau but not necessarily the tourist stuff. On my last trip, we found someone at the port who took us past schools, local neighborhoods, lots of stuff off the beaten path. I'm looking to do something similar this time and have our last stop at Atlantis. My daughter is on the smaller side so she won't be able to do the slides and I doubt my boyfriend will do them as well. Even if we don't DO them, I'd still like access to them for photo ops. I want to do the aquarium for my daughter, walk around the grounds and then take a taxi back to the ship.

My questions: will my daughter need a car seat if we find random tour guide at the port? If we bought passes for the aquarium only, does that grant access to the grounds? If we did the beach pass, is that aquarium/grounds access? Based on my intent, what would you recommend? TIA

The only way to look at the pools and the slides is to buy the aqua adventure pass, which really wouldn't be worth it with a 4 year old. The beach pass also includes the aquarium. You will not need a car seat, and I don't think a tour like this needs to be booked in advance.

I personally do not like the Bahamas...the taxi drivers are pretty unethical in dealings so make sure that if you have one leave you somewhere make sure you are back in plenty of time...they often try to charge more to get back that when they take you...my niece missed the ship because of this and spent a small fortune getting met back up as this was the first stop. I would do a ship sponsored excursion with a small child.

Thanks for the tips. We'd be headed back to the ship in plenty of time for departure since we do have a young one. My boyfriend is a big guy and very intimidating looking so I would be surprised if a taxi driver tried to pull a fast one. But will always keep that in mind.

I personally do not like the Bahamas...the taxi drivers are pretty unethical in dealings so make sure that if you have one leave you somewhere make sure you are back in plenty of time...they often try to charge more to get back that when they take you...my niece missed the ship because of this and spent a small fortune getting met back up as this was the first stop. I would do a ship sponsored excursion with a small child.

We've used 10 taxis in Nassau with our kids, never had an issue. A couple have been quiet, but most have been informative and friendly. They depend on tourists for their livelihood and appreciate trips:

• 2 months later...

I have had wonderful taxi drivers each and every time I've visited Nassau. I have been to Atlantis numerous times and most recently took my 80 year old mother. We rented a wheelchair from Special Needs At Sea specifically for this day so I could push her when she got tired. We were able to see the slides and pools even though we didn't buy access to use them. It was a good day!

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forums mobile app