MSC Seaside or Allure of the Seas?

cruiser608

We're planning to go on a cruise in January, but we have the options of MSC Seaside or Allure of the Seas. We'll be going with three teenagers and one three year old. MSC Seaside comes out to around 3.5K with a balcony and plane tickets for three people, while Allure of the Seas comes out to 6K. Is Allure that much better to make it worth the price?

Thank you for all of your opinions!

We're planning to go on a cruise in January, but we have the options of MSC Seaside or Allure of the Seas. We'll be going with three teenagers and one three year old. MSC Seaside comes out to around 3.5K with a balcony and plane tickets for three people, while Allure of the Seas comes out to 6K. Is Allure that much better to make it worth the price?

I would go with Seaside since it's a brand new ship and more bang for your buck. We chose Seaside over Royal Caribbean this time around as well. We were extremely impressed by Oasis OTS but having sailed with MSC on Divina, I think Seaside is worth giving it a go again.

Many seem to think these "deals" on MSC will go away once they are established in the US market. We are taking advantage of the low prices and have booked our 2nd MSC cruise. For the amount you are saving, that's almost 2 cruises!

we have mainly cruised RC and Cel. We have never been on a newer ship. In Oct. we are doing the Allure and in Jan. we are doing the Seaside and Oasis b/b. Should be a very interesting comparison!

we have mainly cruised RC and Cel. We have never been on a newer ship. In Oct. we are doing the Allure and in Jan. we are doing the Seaside and Oasis b/b. Should be a very interesting comparison!

Seaside and Oasis B2B sounds fabulous.

You are cruising with kids during school vacation in January? Since kids cruise free on MSC you will be using the kid program for the teens? You will likely find the program crowded and there will be no baby sitting services for the three year old on Seaside. The trade off is a $2,500 savings.

I think that RCI has gone off the deep end with their pricing...seems that the company motto is now..."Full Greed Ahead." The best way to get RCI,s attention is to go with the competition...and the best price. The Seaside experience is a lot different than the RCI experience but that is the stuff that memories are made of.

I would definetly go with Seaside fully expecting a cruise that does not resemble the RCI experience...but meets my financial needs. :)

We sailed on Allure in April and loved it. We got a great deal on a suite with Sky class perks and were totally spoiled. We priced Allure and her sister ships for several dates in 2018 and the suite prices were outrageous. We ended up booking two cruises on Seaside, both in the YC. The price was less than half that of the least expensive suite with Sky class perks (a grand suite) on an Oasis class ship. Can't wait to check out Seaside!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by LisaLisa87

You are cruising with kids during school vacation in January? Since kids cruise free on MSC you will be using the kid program for the teens? You will likely find the program crowded and there will be no baby sitting services for the three year old on Seaside. The trade off is a $2,500 savings.

I think that RCI has gone off the deep end with their pricing...seems that the company motto is now..."Full Greed Ahead." The best way to get RCI,s attention is to go with the competition...and the best price. The Seaside experience is a lot different than the RCI experience but that is the stuff that memories are made of.

I would definetly go with Seaside fully expecting a cruise that does not resemble the RCI experience...but meets my financial needs. :)

In NY, its exam week during a week in Janurary so none of the teens have school for that whole week. The 3 year old will also remain with us so we wont need a baby sitting service. The teens will be all together so they won't be joining the teens club or anything. After more research, MSC is great in its own way and has a very different style than RCL, which is great!

As much as I love the Oasis Class ships, with the teens especially, not even counting price, I would go with the Seaside, with the slides, and dual zip lines. The Allure has the zipline only. The slides are only on the Harmony.

• 2 weeks later...
As much as I love the Oasis Class ships, with the teens especially, not even counting price, I would go with the Seaside, with the slides, and dual zip lines. The Allure has the zipline only. The slides are only on the Harmony.

Good to know. I didn not realize there is zip line on seaside as well. The zipline on the Oasis class ships is a joke.

seems that the company motto is now..."Full Greed Ahead." . :)

Love this!!! Plus it seems like less and less C&A benefits each year. The benefits for Diamond members were not worth the extra $$$ to book on RCCL vs MSC.

We were just on MSC Meravigilia (latest new ship) and will be on Seaside in Jan 2018. Can't wait!!!

Many seem to think these "deals" on MSC will go away once they are established in the US market. We are taking advantage of the low prices and have booked our 2nd MSC cruise. For the amount you are saving, that's almost 2 cruises!

That's what I am afraid of...so we are booking away. :-)

Been on the Allure and Oasis a number of times (Going on Allure again in Sept), but also booked the Seaside next June. Like others have noted, looking for a different experience and let's face facts... 2 YC suites for the 5 of us for less than the cost of one GS on RCCL. It's worth a gamble. Plus their Match Status offer (we are Diamond so we automatically become Black Card members is a nice perk.

You might be right...but you have to remember that MSC is a privately held corporation. There is a big difference between publicly owned big corporate greed and a benevolent family owned company. I would be very worried if MSC sold out to a publicly held corporation. Let's keep our fingers crossed fo the future.

We have been Allure and loved it , but i would not spend 2,500.00 more to go on it.

I agree, we loved the Allure too. Probably the best ship class out there. However, not for twice the cost. That is two trips !!

Love this!!! Plus it seems like less and less C&A benefits each year. The benefits for Diamond members were not worth the extra $$$ to book on RCCL vs MSC.

We were just on MSC Meravigilia (latest new ship) and will be on Seaside in Jan 2018. Can't wait!!!

Did you enjoy meraviglia? I'm excited for it to come to the US!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums