Special celebration on board

johardy

can anyone tell me what Oceania do for special occasions,we will have a special birthday on our cruise , not keen on the singing round the table stuff but is there anything else to mark the special day

We had the "singing around the table" part for our 50th anniversary and it was totally hysterical!!! We had tons of fun with it; as the waiters are not necessarily hired for their singing voices. One actually just mouthed the words and we loved poking fun at him. Guess it depends on your personal tastes.

We had the "singing around the table" part for our 50th anniversary and it was totally hysterical!!! We had tons of fun with it; as the waiters are not necessarily hired for their singing voices. One actually just mouthed the words and we loved poking fun at him. Guess it depends on your personal tastes.

That's the spirit :D

I usually dislike the public singing (as a professional singer it's hard on my ears!) but we were at a birthday party in Red Ginger on SIRENA last October and they had a very charming routine, complete with almost a dance routine. We all enjoyed it very much. It was a real highlight.

Whenever we've been at a table where the cake was served, it was delicious.

Mura

Got off Sirena four weeks ago and unbeknownst to us, a cake and happy birthday singing appeared on husband's birthday at dessert. He had strongly asked me not to have that performed, but little did we know O must keep track of these things (at least for our cruise they did). He didn't like the idea beforehand, but ended up loving it- said it was fun to have a nice surprise like that. And agree, the cake was primo.

My wife celebrated her birthday on our recent cruise. We had dinner reservations in Toscanno and our Butler let them know of the BDay. We got a special cake and actually the fellow passengers sang happy birthday while being lead by the waiters. She had the bed full of balloons upon return to the room. Both events were fun and in good spirits. We shared the cake, far to large for just two people, with a Kiwi couple we had earlier meet. Guess we're not traumatized by a voice or two off key!

Curious - we are celebrating our 29th anniversary & our friends are celebrating their 30th anniversary during our upcoming cruise. I asked our TA to inquire about getting a cake & was told we had to pay for it, whether we were in the MDR or Privee. Are anniversaries treated differently than birthdays?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Curious - we are celebrating our 29th anniversary & our friends are celebrating their 30th anniversary during our upcoming cruise. I asked our TA to inquire about getting a cake & was told we had to pay for it, whether we were in the MDR or Privee. Are anniversaries treated differently than birthdays?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I would inform the Maître D' or the concierge of your celebration and I am sure that you will get a cake (and you can eat it too) :D