Arriving for Pride (Baltimore) by taxi question

Wolfhunt

We will be sailing on Pride in a few weeks and are a bit confused by some of what we have read about the Port of Baltimore.

We will be staying in Baltimore the night before the cruise and heading to port by taxi. Our check-in time on our docs is 12:30. Check out at the hotel is 11am and is about about a 10 minute drive (according to Google).

My question is: if we head out of the hotel at checkout and end up at port at around 11:30 will the taxi be able to drop us off? Other ports we have been to allow us to arrive early by taxi we just usually have to wait in a line until port is opened for incoming passengers.

We just got on and they started letting traffic into the port (for parking) right around 11:30. Not sure exactly about a cab it I imagine it is similar.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sailed on the Pride Memorial Day week. We took a cab to the port early -around 9:30 - and we were allowed in. We had to wait outside the building and there's only a couple benches, but they didn't check our papers at the gate. We saw them turn away regular cars.

Sailed on the Pride Memorial Day week. We took a cab to the port early -around 9:30 - and we were allowed in. We had to wait outside the building and there's only a couple benches, but they didn't check our papers at the gate. We saw them turn away regular cars.

Thanks. This is about what I was expecting but wasn't sure from what some of the other things I've seen. I think most of those were from people who needed to park.

Does anyone know the taxi rate from Baltimore Penn to the port? Also, I think I read that there is a max of 4 people in a cab. Anyone familiar with the bigger cabs? We have 9 people in our group. TIA.

I think with your group you should consider Uber or Lyft much cheaper.

I am not sure if there are any van size taxis anymore.

I would say you will pay about $20 per taxi for the trip.

Depending on amount of luggage and type of taxi you may need 3 taxis.