Saver Fare .. Sailing in 10 days .. still no room assigned !?

tonygcharles

Hi

We booked a saver fare last year to go on Queen Victoria on Saturday 22 nd July

I keep checking daily to see if our room has been allocated , still nothing yet

What's other peoples experience on this ,

How many days ahead did u find out ?

And

What did u get a upgraded

We paid for a BE Balcony

Thanks

Tony

I've been known to have been allocated my stateroom on check-in, and I believe I'm not the only one.

Don't worry ! You are already booked. Sometimes no news is good news , as the longer you wait the more chance of an upgrade . Worry about what you are going to pack ! ;)

July is high season. So I guess it's not so difficult to fill cabins .

Sent from my SM-N910F using Forums mobile app

Had many great fares in July over the years, cheapest was £499 from NY 6th July, but since refit seems they are keeping fares higher.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Had many great fares in July over the years, cheapest was £499 from NY 6th July, but since refit seems they are keeping fares higher.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ya I guess early July u could . When the kids break up it's normally expensive

Queen Victoria gave dropped there prices on this sail date in previous years . This year it's selling out . But the start price was not so high .

Looking forward to seeing the refit 😀

Sent from my SM-N910F using Forums mobile app

Once we got our allocation at check-in, once just five days before. You will probably get your cabin any day now - but possibly not.

Good luck.

I've been known to have been allocated my stateroom on check-in, and I believe I'm not the only one.

Don't worry ! You are already booked. Sometimes no news is good news , as the longer you wait the more chance of an upgrade . Worry about what you are going to pack ! ;)

Same here for our TA crossing last December.

We were very happy with the allocated Q5 (9040)...

31764046355_875a16e73a_z.jpg

Wow ..thats a nice cabin / suite? ..If it anything like that i'll be well happy :D

We cruise about 4/ 5 times a year , and try to get a balcony , last year we chose a ocean view because of the price difference and where lucky enough to get up graded to a balcony , but thats a rare occasion to get upgraded we find :confused:

Same here for our TA crossing last December.

We were very happy with the allocated Q5 (9040)...

.........................................................................................................................................................................

31764046355_875a16e73a_z.jpg

We must be very lucky, but we have been offered an upgrade on most of our Cunard cruises, unless we have specified not to.

We have only done a couple on Cunard , we vary on which itinerary and ship , like to try different ones

We will be returning to Victoria tho because we had a great cruise from Dubai to uk a few years ago on her :cool:

UPDATE

Just checked and I see they have assigned us our cabin

It's what we payed for in a decent position

So it was worth doing as it cost a lot less than us choosing our cabin :cool:

Seeif we get the dinner time we prefered now :p

We are on QM2 next week and still haven't had our cabin allocated. It's now becoming a daily ritual checking to see where we will be sleeping. One quick question to those in the know. What happens to your luggage at check in if you haven't had your cabin allocated in advance?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I just received my cabin assignment yesterday for a July 28 QM2 sailing. That is probably the longest I've ever waited with Cunard. Generally I've received the cabin assignments quite early with Cunard, but that trend may be changing. I know Southampton is doing all the cabin assignments these days, even for US bookings. In the past it was the Princess office in Los Angeles.

In all my cruises, I've never received a cabin assignment at the pier. Then again I always check my booking online, even the day before sailing and the cabin assignment is always there. I think some people that get their cabin assignments at the pier actually had them in advance, they just didn't check their bookings online.