Splendor Cabin 7447

easy1969

WE are booked on the splendor cabin 7447 for a 14 day Hawaii cruise in jan 2019. this is one of the aft wrap/corner cabins. On a short cruise we will just book a interior or a ocean view but with this cruise there are 8+ sea days so I decided to spend the extra money for a large balcony. we have had a aft extended balcony on the conquest and we used it a lot on sea days but it was a western carib cruise( 70 degrees + at night).

I now have had time to think about it and wanted to ask you guys a few questions...

- Are these aft corner cabins larger/ nicer than a aft extended balcony?

- has anyone sailed from la to Hawaii in January if so how was temps/weather?

When I booked this cruise I got this cabin while in my mind only thinking about Hawaii and now am wondering if the temps will be warm enough to enjoy the balcony on sea days/ evenings on the way to and back.

Sooo...You question is not so much about the cabin as whether the weather will allow comfortable use? First, the cabin appears larger but due to the odd shape, there is not space for a couch, just two chairs and the vanity stool. But the balcony is much larger though not deep. As to how useful, most say that it is too chilly the first two sea days, and the last two but you will love it in Hawaii. For more opinions, I would ask on the Hawaii board under Ports of Call. And just a note: We were in Hawaii in March of 2002, and took a whale watching tour in Maui. Not a great tour - we saw more whales from our balcony after we got back to the ship. EM

Hi Easy

I have read (here) that leaving LA in January -- which we will be doing THIS January! -- to expect it to be a bit cool the first couple days... and that the trip back to Ensenada is enough farther south that it will be warmer. Your cabin (which appears lovely, well-lit and roomy, with a table you can move around to make a convo arrangement with the two chairs -- the vanity stool can also serve as a footstool of sorts, or a lower table substitute) will be in the shade on the westbound afternoons, but have the best exposure on the way back.

We've had 7444 and 7446, before she had any drydocks.

A few issues. The aft thrusters are very powerful, thought we were having an earthquake pulling into one of our ports (usually sleep through earthquakes).

You might hear music from the lounges a few decks below.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums