Nassau Passport Stamp? - Local Fun?

FabJay94

First time out of the United States and first cruise ; going to Nassau for first stop and wanting to get my passport stamped for fun, but can't find a straight answer about where to get it done. Anybody have a good description of where?

Also wanting to know about some local fun things to besides beaches and atlantis? I have the queen's staircase, señor frogs, rum factory & straw market listed but wanted to know if there a must see that i'm missing.

Thank You to everyone for you help!(:

• 3 weeks later...
First time out of the United States and first cruise ; going to Nassau for first stop and wanting to get my passport stamped for fun, but can't find a straight answer about where to get it done. Anybody have a good description of where?

Also wanting to know about some local fun things to besides beaches and atlantis? I have the queen's staircase, señor frogs, rum factory & straw market listed but wanted to know if there a must see that i'm missing.

Thank You to everyone for you help!(:

Hi. We've gotten our passports stamped in Nassau before. Like the article says, there is a gate right at the port shopping area (first walk through building, pass the information desk, go outside - it's on your left). You'll see armed guards standing there in military uniforms - don't be intimidated (!). Just tell them you want to get a stamp in your passport. They'll check your ship card and ID and let you through. It's just in the little building - they'll direct you. They've always been very nice to us.

** And if anyone in your party is up for the zoo, Ardastra Gardens is pretty cool. It's small, so you can leisurely walk through at your own pace. The select animals that they do have are very interesting, and not in typical "cages". They are in outside enclosures surrounded by lots of the local trees. Peacocks wander around freely on the paths. There's even a flamingo show at certain times throughout the day.