MSC Musica Departing Venice

MarkMurf

Hi there.

My pregnant fiance and I will be taking our first ever cruise on the 6th August from Venice. I have a couple of questions that I hope someone can help with.

We arrive into Venice at around 10am and are transferred directly to the ship. I believe that it departs at around 5ish. What I'm keen to know is if it will be possible to leave our suitcases with the ship whilst we head back into Venice for a quick look around. I've been before but my partner hasn't and it seems a shame not to have a couple of hours to look around before we depart. Is this feasible? Has anyone else done this cruise and managed it?

Drinks on board the ship - Neither of us will be drinking alcohol and have figured that we're probably better off buying drinks as we go. Am I right in thinking that MSC drinks prices are NOT outrageously priced? I understand that tap water is always available in the buffet but can we request tap water from the various bars or not? Also, are you able to drink the water in your room? Do they provide tea and coffee facilities?

I have tried contacting MSC regarding the above but have found them unresponsive and sketchy at best so am hoping to hear from someone with first hand experience.

Thanks in advance

Mark

Hi Mark,

When you get to the port, you can check in your luggage and then either check in yourself and board, leave your hand luggage in your stateroom or at a venue they identify until your room is ready or just go back out after handing over your check in luggage. Remember to be back at least 90 minutes before departure time as you will have to do a safety drill.

Drinks on MSC are not too dear but, as you don't drink alcohol, soft drinks and water cost about €2.50-2.75 a go(this would be a 330ml soda or 1 litre water). Iced dispenser water is available free at all times in the buffet but not the dining rooms. I don't think you can order 'tap water' in the MDRs.

As for water in your room, allegedly the tap water is clean and drinkable but I wouldn't drink it although I brush my teeth with it. The bottled water in your room is charged at bar prices. There are no tea and coffee facilities in the staterooms, except perhaps suites. You can order tea & coffee from Room service. If you are on a Fantastica package, delivery will be free and Room Service breakfast will be free also.

You could consider a Soda Package if you might drink lots of soda.

I've posted copies of the drinks menu from one of the bars on Meraviglia. It'll give you an idea of prices for drinks, including the non-alcoholic ones. From post #70 on:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2511337&page=4

As Ken (CruiseIreland) said, you might consider buying a soda package and perhaps a water package, too? They are listed on the first bar menu page I posted. Bear in mind that all prices incur a 15% service charge. If you can pre-purchase the packages before sailing, you will save having to pay this 15% added charge.

Re having time to have a look around Venice - that'll depend on how quickly you get to check-in. Unless you have priority boarding either as an Aurea guest or Black Card holder, you may have quite a wait before embarkation, depending on when check-in begins.

Hi there.

My pregnant fiance and I will be taking our first ever cruise on the 6th August from Venice. I have a couple of questions that I hope someone can help with.

We arrive into Venice at around 10am and are transferred directly to the ship. I believe that it departs at around 5ish. What I'm keen to know is if it will be possible to leave our suitcases with the ship whilst we head back into Venice for a quick look around. I've been before but my partner hasn't and it seems a shame not to have a couple of hours to look around before we depart. Is this feasible? Has anyone else done this cruise and managed it?

Drinks on board the ship - Neither of us will be drinking alcohol and have figured that we're probably better off buying drinks as we go. Am I right in thinking that MSC drinks prices are NOT outrageously priced? I understand that tap water is always available in the buffet but can we request tap water from the various bars or not? Also, are you able to drink the water in your room? Do they provide tea and coffee facilities?

I have tried contacting MSC regarding the above but have found them unresponsive and sketchy at best so am hoping to hear from someone with first hand experience.

Thanks in advance

Mark

Pregnant-August-Venice already bad idea. :eek: Very hot and crowded not a place to be for pregnant woman. Time frame - 10 am arrival means easy 12 pm leave airport + 30 min taxi ride + time in port + boat back to ST.Marco I don't really see how you can do it. Embarkation stops around 3-3:30 pm .In your case I would flight at least day before or just see Venice from ship board .