Did the rules for NEXT CRUISE bookings onboard change after July1st?

Did the "Next cruise program" change after July 1st?

Are they still allowing you to book cruises with the RD-option to function as placeholders when you go with a non-suite room?

What happens to the old bookings that you could move around - as long as you stick with the RD-option?

Any experience?:confused:

Hi,

so nobody has any information yet as to how the next cruise bookings work now?

I also wonder if you choose a 7 night cruise with a NRD - the deposit would be $50.....so all you could loose would be the $50?!:confused:

From what I understand, if you choose a cruise with a non-refundable deposit, you must pay the full deposit.

Did the "Next cruise program" change after July 1st?

Are they still allowing you to book cruises with the RD-option to function as placeholders when you go with a non-suite room?

What happens to the old bookings that you could move around - as long as you stick with the RD-option?

Any experience?:confused:

I just moved an old booking last night. No issues however when you move it you have to decide if you want to move it to a refundable or a non refundable rate. If you move it to a non refundable rate I believe that you need to increase your deposit to the full deposit amount.

There was a poster on here that changed their booking that was made on board to a non refundable one and they DID have to pay the full deposit. If you book a refundable one so far you can still change it without penalty before final payment date

There was a poster on here that changed their booking that was made on board to a non refundable one and they DID have to pay the full deposit. If you book a refundable one so far you can still change it without penalty before final payment date

That's what I thought, thanks for confirming.

We made five bookings onboard during a WOW sale. Since there's a WOW sale on - contacted TA & made one of them non-refundable coz of a good price drop/extra obc. Paid $150 deposit onboard so now have to increase to full deposit.

Left the other bookings as refundable for now since there was no price drop on those. And yes, was told by TA that we can take advantage of any other price drops on the non-refundable booking.

NJ

We made five bookings onboard during a WOW sale. Since there's a WOW sale on - contacted TA & made one of them non-refundable coz of a good price drop/extra obc. Paid $150 deposit onboard so now have to increase to full deposit.

Left the other bookings as refundable for now since there was no price drop on those. And yes, was told by TA that we can take advantage of any other price drops on the non-refundable booking.

NJ

Just got our revised confirmation for cruise. Here's section about cancellation. So if you pay $100 each you can still change your cruise right? But cancelling you lose everything? Guess we'd better not cancel! Or maybe look into insurance.

NJ

Cancellation and Change Penalties

If you cancel, the following charges will be assessed by the cruise line:

You have booked a non-refundable fare. If you cancel, the cruise line will charge you with a cancellation penalty equal to 100% of your cruise fare. The cruise line does not allow name changes.

Note: Any travel services purchased that are not provided by the cruise line, such as airfare or pre- and post-cruise hotel packages, may be subject to other cancellation penalties.

Just got our revised confirmation for cruise. Here's section about cancellation. So if you pay $100 each you can still change your cruise right? But cancelling you lose everything?.

Yes and yes.

I thought if you cancelled you only lost $100 pp and then you would get the remainder of your deposit back in a FCC.(For example you would lose $200 of a $500 deposit and get $300 in a FCC) Then I would "assume" that you would get back any other money you might have paid for the cruise.

Is that not correct?? In reading the above it sounds like you lose your entire cruise fare

I thought if you cancelled you only lost $100 pp and then you would get the remainder of your deposit back in a FCC.(For example you would lose $200 of a $500 deposit and get $300 in a FCC) Then I would "assume" that you would get back any other money you might have paid for the cruise.

Is that not correct?? In reading the above it sounds like you lose your entire cruise fare

I'm sorry Ellen, I forgot about the FCC. You are correct, and I believe the FCC expires after a year.

Not sure but I think what they are saying is "we're keeping all of your deposit as a cancellation fee, and giving you a FCC for the amount less 100.00 PP".

Not sure but I think what they are saying is "we're keeping all of your deposit as a cancellation fee, and giving you a FCC for the amount less 100.00 PP".

That's how I understand it but the above post says the cancellation is 100% of the cruise fare!! YIKES

That's how I understand it but the above post says the cancellation is 100% of the cruise fare!! YIKES

I believe the cancellation fee IS 100% of the DEPOSIT (not "Cruise Fare"). Then they give you a FCC in the amount of the deposit less 100.00 PP.

I believe the cancellation fee IS 100% of the DEPOSIT (not "Cruise Fare"). Then they give you a FCC in the amount of the deposit less 100.00 PP.

This is my understanding too. Just emailed TA for clarification.

NJ

I am not sure all the answers and assumptions on here are all correct. Here is the PDF issued by Rccl.

Looks like uk clients are not affected but there again we were never allowed to book change swap upgrade or cancel without

fairly large penalty.

One thing that I did spot was that the $100 fee for change is payable for each change ie $100 to change the date $100 to change the ship maybe $100 to change the cabin type.

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/LTYA_News/17056800_Nonrefundable_FAQ_News.pdf

I am not sure all the answers and assumptions on here are all correct. Here is the PDF issued by Rccl.

Looks like uk clients are not affected but there again we were never allowed to book change swap upgrade or cancel without

fairly large penalty.

One thing that I did spot was that the $100 fee for change is payable for each change ie $100 to change the date $100 to change the ship maybe $100 to change the cabin type.

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/LTYA_News/17056800_Nonrefundable_FAQ_News.pdf

Maybe the fee for changing cabin type is a UK thing, but there's no fee for changing cabin type for US/Canadian bookings, as long as the ship and sailing date don't change.

I just moved an old booking last night. No issues however when you move it you have to decide if you want to move it to a refundable or a non refundable rate. If you move it to a non refundable rate I believe that you need to increase your deposit to the full deposit amount.

We were on Allure last week and booked another cruise for April through NEXTCRUISE with a refundable deposit (of $50/person, so $100 for my husband and I). After we got back I switched the cruise dates and changed it to a non-refundable rate (since it was about $130 cheaper overall) and I did NOT have to pay any additional deposit.