Domestic checked baggage

wcsdkqh

It's been my experience that if you on the same airline (or airline alliance) you'll get domestic First and no worries with the bags. If you're changing airlines, you'll probably be on domestic economy and if I recall we had to pay for an extra bag the last time that happened. But that was years ago - most of our domestic connections recently have been on the same carrier.

Thx, Bill. There are no international flights involved. Atlanta to New York and Montreal back to Atlanta. Even though the flights are included, check luggage doesn't seem to be. May be worth inquiring TA

Bags are not included as part of Regent air unless the airline offers free bags.

We sailed last year and used Regent air. I have a high level elite status on the airline we were flying and I always get bags included for all members of our party when I book the tickets together. However, since we had booked 2 side by side cabins the reservations were separate. The bags I checked for my cabin were free because of my elite status but the bags associated with the other cabin were charged a fee.

In January we did Newark to Miami and vice versa return.....on (omg....) United. Needed to pay for baggage. Didn't like that a bit, but then I don't like United either. For the 3 1/2 hour flight, we made it work.

In January we did Newark to Miami and vice versa return.....on (omg....) United. Needed to pay for baggage. Didn't like that a bit, but then I don't like United either. For the 3 1/2 hour flight, we made it work.

Is United that bad now? omg! We used Amex points for Business/First Class roundtrip flights for "our" November cruise. They already changed our itinerary complete (flights - even the layover airport). I suppose that we can make do as long as we get there safely. Our other options was to pay Regent $3,200 for the upgraded flights or pay around $2,200 to fly American (another airline that we don't love).

Keep in mind we're flying "on the other side of the curtain" ....and not the good side! haha! We've always gotten to where ever we're going safely and I guess that's the important part. It's a short flight for us, so it doesn't pay to do any kind of an upgrade, but once you've been on the "good side of the curtains" it's really hard to go back. Kinda like cruising on Regent and then going to Carnival or MSC!

Is United that bad now? omg! We used Amex points for Business/First Class roundtrip flights for "our" November cruise. They already changed our itinerary complete (flights - even the layover airport). I suppose that we can make do as long as we get there safely. Our other options was to pay Regent $3,200 for the upgraded flights or pay around $2,200 to fly American (another airline that we don't love).

i wish you good luck. The last time we flew on United i swore i would never do so again. The actual flights were ok but the never-ending itinerary changes were a nightmare. The itinerary was completely changed a number of times and until i spent hours on the phone fixing them they had us booked on one flight that left before we even landed at the airport plus many other bizarre routings. On top of that i had to keep fixing our seat assignments. The staff were very pleasant and tried hard but it took so much time to get everything straightened out.

i wish you good luck. The last time we flew on United i swore i would never do so again. The actual flights were ok but the never-ending itinerary changes were a nightmare. The itinerary was completely changed a number of times and until i spent hours on the phone fixing them they had us booked on one flight that left before we even landed at the airport plus many other bizarre routings. On top of that i had to keep fixing our seat assignments. The staff were very pleasant and tried hard but it took so much time to get everything straightened out.

Thanks -- good to know that the flights are okay. Agree 100% about bizarre routing. First we were going through Chicago and now we're going through Houston (which we actually prefer due to weather concerns in November). I guess that it is wise to keeping checking the website in case there are more changes. Now I know to avoid United in the future!

That's why we always book our own flights on our preferred airlines. No hassle, no pain. We are in charge. We never fly the day of the sailing. Always give ourselves a day or two to relax before boarding the ship.

Take the air and hotel credit and book it yourselves.

Just my advice---

Sheila

The other problem is luggage weight. Premium economy seats within Europe generally include two checked bags per person up to 50 pounds each (vs, 70 pounds in business/first). Economy may include one suitcase, often only up to just 44 pounds. We're taking a third suitcase for that reason.

That's why we always book our own flights on our preferred airlines. No hassle, no pain. We are in charge. We never fly the day of the sailing. Always give ourselves a day or two to relax before boarding the ship.

Take the air and hotel credit and book it yourselves.

Just my advice---

Sheila

The dumb decision to fly United was ours. On the plus side, we saved about $1,000 by booking our own flights vs. having Regent do the upgrade to Business/First within the U.S. The United booking was booked entirely with Amex points -- we had few choices. The bottom line is that the flights are not costing any money out of pocket but the latest flight changes were unbelievable. We are using Regent's hotel because, by the time you arrive in Miami from the West Coast, you are basically just sleeping there - having breakfast and going to the ship.

Regent's brochures and advertising (of which I receive a bout two in the mail per day) state that any baggage charges required by an airline are not included in the "free" air. However, we charge travel on our AMEX Platinum, and AMEX reimburses us for those charges.

I don't know....I enjoy United---just took them to Hawaii, had a great flight with great service. Before I retired I flew them and had no special problems. Sure a few things came up, but no big deal. I have 2.6millon lifetime miles on United and the perks are lifetime now---so it works for us.

Rick