First, I know that recommending a travel agent is not allowed. However, I'm hoping to get some advice on how to find a travel agent that will actively look for cruise price reductions. In the past, I typically have booked with large online sites and just work with whoever answers the call. I haven't really expected that they would automatically check for me. This time, I'm about to book a very expensive cruise pretty far out so I'd really like to work with someone that will check and let me know when there are better deals. In case it matters, we already know we are going on NCL because we have cruise next certificates.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

Look for recommendations from your friends, family, co-workers, and eventually, travelers you meet.

It seems to me, at least some of this responsibility falls to you. Yes, you may find one that does, but it can be time consuming work, and one that only provides benefits to the TA by your repeated bookings and recommendations. Yes, possible, eventual benefits, but ones that are iffy, and may not pan out for a very long time.

I don't solely rely and expect from a TA to be fully updated to price reductions that are particular to my cruise. I rely sometimes on inputs from our Roll Call. My expectation from my TA is to be able to promptly avail such reductions for my booking.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 1 month later...

I have found that the lowest prices are the ones that I book a year and a half in advance. With NCL, if you do this and the price drops, they will give you onboard credit for the drop. Beware that your amenities will likely change, sometimes better, oftentimes not as good. But you do have to do the legwork yourself. Just check NCL site every few days for the price. You also get the best room when you book early. I am booked for Alaska on the Bliss, grabbed it as soon as the new ship began booking, and I saved a ton. Got a balcony mid-ship for same price that an inside room if I were booking today. Not sure of amenities, because as a solo traveler who doesn't drink much, deals usually don't amount to much out of pocket savings. Good luck! Hope our paths cross someday. Verna