Grills mini bar

ukellie

You may choose two bottles of wine or two of spirits. Or one of each. I'm not sure about taking it to the restaurant, it isn't something we have ever done, or would even do, it really isn't that special a wine.

Ask your Butler, he'll know. You may be charged corkage - again I really don't know.

The "free" mini-bar is only in Queen's Grill. Everything in the fridge plus, as mentioned previously, the two bottles which your butler will deliver is free. In Princess Grill, everything in the mini-bar, except bottled water, will be charged.

I have never brought anything from the Queen's Grill offerings to the dining room, but a few times I have brought Champagne which was sent to us as a gift ordered through Cunard. We were not charged corkage.

The wine in the QG mini bar is for consumption in your suite. We have on a couple of occasions purchased nice wine ashore to share with our table companions in the QG dining room. We were charged corkage as we expected.

Hi ukellie,

My understanding in QG last November/December was that the contents of the mini bar (and extra bottles provided) were for in-suite consumption.

I purchased wine for dinner in the restaurant as usual. There was absolutely no need for me to take wine from my cabin to have with meals.

Enjoy your sailing with Cunard and your Queens Grill suite and restaurant. Photographs of my Q5 Suite (on Queen Mary 2, I think you're on Queen Elizabeth?) can be found towards the beginning of this album: www.flickr.com/photos/pepperrn/albums/72157676774009275

Bon Voyage.

Edited by pepperrn

The "free" mini-bar is only in Queen's Grill. Everything in the fridge plus, as mentioned previously, the two bottles which your butler will deliver is free. In Princess Grill, everything in the mini-bar, except bottled water, will be charged.

I have never brought anything from the Queen's Grill offerings to the dining room, but a few times I have brought Champagne which was sent to us as a gift ordered through Cunard. We were not charged corkage.

I think I have misread threads, I thought you could request your preferences for the minibar to be stocked

Thanks for the info 😀

Hi ukellie,

My understanding in QG last November/December was that the contents of the mini bar (and extra bottles provided) were for in-suite consumption.

I purchased wine for dinner in the restaurant as usual. There was absolutely no need for me to take wine from my cabin to have with meals.

Enjoy your sailing with Cunard and your Queens Grill suite and restaurant. Photographs of my Q5 Suite (on Queen Mary 2, I think you're on Queen Elizabeth?) can be found towards the beginning of this album: www.flickr.com/photos/pepperrn/albums/72157676774009275

Bon Voyage.

Thank you

Just checked your pics looks lovely

we are in q6 onQE looking forward to a different experience

🌞🚢

I think I have misread threads, I thought you could request your preferences for the minibar to be stocked

Thanks for the info 😀

You are allowed to request your preference - from a number of spirits or red/white wine as shown on a list. And the odd item not on the list. But they choose the wine and it isn't great.

Some passengers gets these bottles replaced when used, some don't. I wouldn't bank on them supplying enough wine for you to not need to buy any further drinks.

Some passengers gets these bottles replaced when used...
Indeed, this has been my experience; before my bottle of scotch was empty, another appeared alongside ready to be opened, without me mentioning anything.

• 2 weeks later...