Two Excursions in one day??

Yes we did that on Princess some years ago in Naples. We booked a tour of Pompei in the morning and then a 2 hour long kind of generic city bus tour of Naples in the afternoon. As I recall we had 1 to 1 1/2 between the two. We did something similar in Amsterdam, again on Princess. In the morning we took a canal boat ride. In the afternoon we did a guided city walking tour. I can't recall the time between tours in Amsterdam, but I think it was longer.

Wife just reminded me we also did Lucca and Pisa (Italy) the same day on Princess excursions. I remember both places but can't tell you how much time we had in between.

Edited by ldubs
Added info:

Yes we did that on Princess some years ago in Naples. We booked a tour of Pompei in the morning and then a 2 hour long kind of generic city bus tour of Naples in the afternoon. As I recall we had 1 to 1 1/2 between the two. We did something similar in Amsterdam, again on Princess. In the morning we took a canal boat ride. In the afternoon we did a guided city walking tour. I can't recall the time between tours in Amsterdam, but I think it was longer.

Wife just reminded me we also did Lucca and Pisa (Italy) the same day on Princess excursions. I remember both places but can't tell you how much time we had in between.

Have done this a number of times (private tours) in the Caribbean, Alaska, and Europe. I simply make sure that I allow at least an hour+ between the end of a morning tour and departure of an afternoon tour. A little "breathing room" is a must plus time for a quick bite to eat. Have never had a problem.

We booked two excursions in one day - with about an hour around lunch time between the excursions. Similar to your schedule. We didn't enjoy the day as much as we would have if we had chosen one excursion because we felt we were constantly in motion and had no free time to explore the port itself. But, that is us - we tend to be relaxed travelers and prefer to walk around the port town before and/or after an excursion. The only way I would do that again is in a port where you cannot walk around.

If you like staying busy and are happy with the schedule it gives you then it shouldn't be an issue for you. You could check with local tour guides to see if you can combine the two excursions and go on your own if you are comfortable with that option - we do that a lot.

Has anyone every booked two excursions for one port? Example- first excursion being at 9:30am and returning at 12:30, second excursion at 1:30pm

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've done it a couple of times. The only issue is having enough time to grab something to eat.

We've done it several times, it doesn't take too long to get back on board and grab a quick bite before going to the meeting point for the second excursion.

In those cases, we do ship tours because the second tour usually gets back right before sail away and I like the reassurance that they'll wait.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We did this in Juneau last week. Originally we booked the early morning helicopter tour to dog sleds on the Herbert Glacier with a landing afterwards on a different area of the glacier to walk around and get some glacier water for our bottles. (Coastal Helicopters)

When we got back we found a short whale watching tour from the tour booth vendors near the ship. Saw Orcas and Humpbacks.

I recommend booking your early tour. Then after you get back decide what you can fit in with what is left.

But a warning. We were dead beat tired that night! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I did it once in Whittier, Alaska, with P&O (who are rarely seen in Alaska so this isn't likely to be directly relevant!). The morning trip was a boat trip, and the afternoon a bus trip; there was not a lot of time between the two, perhaps half an hour, and the morning one was significantly late, but either because they were both ships' excursions or because we were on the last bus of five, the second excursion was waiting for us.

We had already got a picnic from the ship's buffet and so didn't need a break for food. If we had missed excursion two, we would have got a refund as it was because of the lateness of excursion 1.