Tours

queeniy1

I'm finding it difficult to just find one tour that I can join at the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal - Redhook Pier.

Seems all water boats, buses, etc is at the Manhattan Terminal.

I'll only be there from 10-4 and would like to see some highlights.

Has anyone been to the Brooklyn Terminal that can assist ?

Thank You [emoji846][emoji925]

I'm finding it difficult to just find one tour that I can join at the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal - Redhook Pier.

Seems all water boats, buses, etc is at the Manhattan Terminal.

I'll only be there from 10-4 and would like to see some highlights.

Has anyone been to the Brooklyn Terminal that can assist ?

Thank You [emoji846][emoji925]

What ship are you on and the exact date?

There's a New York Sightseeing ferry that you can pick up at the Dumbo pier by taking the new MTA water taxi, which stops right at the Red Hook pier.

https://www.citysightseeingnewyork.com/boat-tours-and-cruises/hop-on-hop-off-boat-tour.html

https://www.nywatertaxi.com/all-day-access-pass

https://www.ferry.nyc/routes-and-schedules/route/south-brooklyn/

Crown Princess on Sunday Sept 17... I think I looked up a water taxi and it went there but stopped going there in April... Am I wrong ?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you're interested in riding around on a boat to see the NY skyline in the East and West Rivers including the Statue of Liberty, you're going to need some more expert advice.

First of all 10-4 pm is a very short amount of time for extensive sightseeing in NYC. You're coming in on a TA that arrives at 6 am. Have they told you that B2B folks can't get off before 10 am?

There is a brand new NY public transit ferry service that stops at the Brooklyn pier. This is good news for you. On a Sunday it would be possible to take a ferry at 9:59 or 10:54 within walking distance of the ship. This would take you to DUMBO /BBP Pier 1 by 10:31 or 11:21. Cost is $2.75/pp. At DUMBO the City Sightseeing HOHo ferry ($35) leaves at 10:50 or 11:50. The round trip is billed at 90 minutes, but in reality leaving from Dumbo it takes 2 hours round trip. Ferries leave Dumbo at 1:06 and 2:01. After that you would have to cab back to the cruise ship.

If you want to do something on the ground, the public transit ferry will take you to Wall Street Pier 11 where you have easy walking access to see the Statue of Liberty from Battery Park and to see the 911 Memorial area.

You have to be careful about the various Brooklyn piers. I think you might have been looking at the IKEA water taxi, which is NOT at the cruiseport.

I agree not much time to adventure out especially in a busy place that your not familiar with. Maybe the free IKEA water taxi to take me to Pier 11 and check that area out or stay around the Brooklyn area ...

Thank You for all your input so appreciate it [emoji846]

I agree not much time to adventure out especially in a busy place that your not familiar with. Maybe the free IKEA water taxi to take me to Pier 11 and check that area out or stay around the Brooklyn area ...

Thank You for all your input so appreciate it [emoji846]

Please wait for the New Yorkers to respond. My research shows that the IKEA Red Hook ferry stop is 10+ blocks from the cruise ship. Take the MTA ferry to pier 11 and pay the money. Here's a recent thread with pictures - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2519678

Let me make sure I understand... There is. NY Ferry that stops at the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal and it's 10 blocks away ?

There are multiple water taxi/ ferry services across the East River and they don't all use the same piers in Brooklyn. It's very confusing. However the NYC public transit system has just started a new ferry service that actually docks right near the Brooklyn Cruiseport in the Atlantic Basin. It costs $2.75 to go across to Manhattan. The IKEA water taxi provides service from Manhattan to Red Hook and to Ikea for shoppers. It does NOT use the dock in the Atlantic Basin, but uses two docks that are at a minimum 10+ blocks away.

Please explore the web sites I posted to look at the maps.

You can't get any closer to a cruise ship docked in Brooklyn!

"While in New York this past week we did a dry run to test getting to the QM2 on the new NYC Ferry. I knew that the ferry was docking in the Atlantic basin. I assumed it was the opposite end from the terminal. We were quite surprised to see that the ferry dock is literally about 75 yards from the Cruise Terminal entrance. The ferry is quite comfortable, and has plenty of room for luggage. For the convenience, and a fare of only $2.75, it'll be my preferred way to get to the QM2, by far.

You can get some great shots of the stern of the QM2 as the ferry approaches the dock."

Stern.jpg

Here's a Google map, illustrating the ferry dock and the cruise terminal:

AerialOfBrooklynCruiseTerminal.jpg

Ferry info:

https://www.ferry.nyc/

Hi 138east... When you went on the new NYC Ferry and it took you to the QM2 was there any other buses or water boats or transportation there for people to hop on to take them on tours to see sites ?

Hi 138east... When you went on the new NYC Ferry and it took you to the QM2 was there any other buses or water boats or transportation there for people to hop on to take them on tours to see sites ?

The post I made is in quotes because it is from another thread which I had referred you to previously. I have not personally made this trip. Please read http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2519678

As I described in a previous post, you can take the ferry to Dumbo where for $35 you can take a ferry tour of the sights on the East River and the Hudson River which would include viewing the Statue of Liberty. https://www.citysightseeingnewyork.com/boat-tours-and-cruises/hop-on-hop-off-boat-tour.html

The $2.75 public ferry gives you so many more options. Besides what 138 suggests you can take a subway and visit Times Square, Rockefeller Center, Empire State Bldg, a museum, Central Park. The choice is yours. Personally after spending several days on a ship I would want to see some stuff inland. Lol

The service that shows ended in April is because a new company won the NYC bid for east river ferry service.

https://www.ferry.nyc/ Hornblower Cruises (same company that does the Niagara Falls Maid of the Mist)

Website explain all routes. The Ikea Ferry is still there with a reduced scheduled and it is a 10 block walk from the Brooklyn Cruise Pier but it is run by a different company (NY Water Taxi)

You could even take the NYC Ferry from next to the cruise ship to Wall Street Manhattan Pier and pay another $2.75 and travel up the East River to 34th Street, walk to the Empire State Building, continue to Macy's 34th Street Etc and do the reverse. Of course you will not have narration of any of the sites like you would have on a HoHo bus.