Pre-cruise Transfer - Bellevue to Pier 91

lx200gps

Doing some planning for our upcoming Alaska trip in early September. To save $$$s and offset the currency hit we take with our Canadian dollar, we're going to stay in Bellevue rather than downtown. Bellevue hotels don't do Pier 91 shuttles, so transport is on us. I chose Bellevue for its pre-cruise infrastructure (restaurants, shopping, etc) and I also chose to avoid SEATAC for the same reasons.

I found one shuttle company so far that will do Bellevue to Pier 91 for $20PP but they pick up too late (we like to get to the ship early). Does anyone use other shuttles/limos etc that could get us to the pier by, say, 11AM at the latest?

Also, the Seattle taxi finder states that a taxi will run anywhere from about $45 to $80 depending on traffic, with an average of about $50. Would that be accurate for a Saturday morning? If so, a taxi is probably easiest to arrange and only a few dollars more than a shuttle.

Thanks for any help and suggestions

When we were in Issaquah, WA (which I think is further to the port than Bellevue), we hired a town car. I don't remember the cost, but our thinking was since we didn't have to fly to the port, the private car was worth it. We lived in Idaho at the time, but DH had a work project in Seattle for 18 months.

UberX or Lyft will do the job cheaply on your schedule. I just did an estimate from the Hyatt Regency Bellevue (which is smack downtown Bellevue) to Pier 91, and it came up with $28 for two. I've never had to wait more than ten minutes during daylight hours to get a car in Bellevue with either service.

Good point. For two people, UberX is usually fine as it will handle a Pullman and a rollaboard each - the vehicles are usually Priuses. It's three people with steamer trunks who often need UberXL or Lyft Plus.

Doing some planning for our upcoming Alaska trip in early September. To save $$$s and offset the currency hit we take with our Canadian dollar, we're going to stay in Bellevue rather than downtown. Bellevue hotels don't do Pier 91 shuttles, so transport is on us. I chose Bellevue for its pre-cruise infrastructure (restaurants, shopping, etc) and I also chose to avoid SEATAC for the same reasons.

I found one shuttle company so far that will do Bellevue to Pier 91 for $20PP but they pick up too late (we like to get to the ship early). Does anyone use other shuttles/limos etc that could get us to the pier by, say, 11AM at the latest?

Also, the Seattle taxi finder states that a taxi will run anywhere from about $45 to $80 depending on traffic, with an average of about $50. Would that be accurate for a Saturday morning? If so, a taxi is probably easiest to arrange and only a few dollars more than a shuttle.

Thanks for any help and suggestions

I've booked Bellevue in 2 weeks as well for my cruise, as I also love the area! I'm going to use Uber over to the pier. When I've plugged it in as a "pretend trip" around 10:30am it usually gives me about $33-38 USD, so I'm cool with that!

Thanks all, but Uber and its clones are not in the picture. Does anyone have experience with limo companies, shuttle buses etc. who work between Bellevue and the pier?

Nope used to take taxi's prior to the Uber world.... but if you don't like/don't want to use Uber, I would suggest calling your hotel and asking them. I'm sure they have names/companies for limo services that they use

We just stayed in Bellevue for four days last month, but not for a cruise. My daughter was in the climate reality training program at the Meydenbauer so we chose the Marriott Courtyard, even though not the less expensive option (hotels are pricey in that city) and the tab for parking our rental was a lot (but was in a secure area under the hotel that one would have to access with a hotel room card). She could walk to the site from the hotel. Hubby and I walked over to the Whole Foods a couple of times (he likes the food bar) and we also walked to the mall to have dinner at one of the restaurants.

One day hubby and I drove to Seattle to do the city tour (I've been shown around by someone knowledgeable before, but this was his second time there so he wanted to get a guided tour).

It's really a nice city, but if you're staying there for a cruise out of Seattle, you should realize the transportation to the cruise terminal will need to be considered. As well as time to get there as you may get stuck in traffic.

I am also considering staying in Bellevue precruise since it is a lot cheaper than downtown Seattle. Can anyone tell me how far you s it to downtown Seattle since we woukd like to go down the day before the cruise for a few hours and how much is an Uber etc. we were also thinking of a bus.

Thanks all

I am also considering staying in Bellevue precruise since it is a lot cheaper than downtown Seattle. Can anyone tell me how far you s it to downtown Seattle since we woukd like to go down the day before the cruise for a few hours and how much is an Uber etc. we were also thinking of a bus.

Thanks all

We stayed in Bellevue in June for 2 nights for a Mariners game! It was so nice, I like Bellevue much more than downtown (cleaner IMO) also the beautiful Bellevue Botanical Gardens is there for a nice walk. We Ubered into Seattle to walk around before the game and it was $23 USD (took about 15-18 minutes to get in) and on the way back as everyone wanted an Uber from the game the price was high, so we talked about 6 blocks and it went back down to like $25 USD. Staying in Bellevue again for my cruise in 2 weeks

Thanks all

Obviously depends on where you stay and where in Seattle you want to go, but it's about ten miles from Bellevue to "downtown" Seattle (or at least the touristy part). The 520 bridge is a toll bridge so that may factor into your Uber rides, whereas the I-90 bridge is free but a little more out of the way (adds a mile). Remember that Seattle has a forward and reverse commute: lots of people live outside Seattle, and commute into Seattle for work, but lots of people live in Seattle, and commute out of Seattle (over to Bellevue/Redmond/etc.) for work, so the highways are busy in both directions during rush hour in many places.

In my opinion, buses are easy. I think they're $2.75 during peak hour, exact change required, or you could buy an ORCA card for $5 and load it with money (which gets you free transfers, and applies your bus fare towards the Link light rail fare if you should take that), or I think there's an app you can use and pre-buy your bus fare online then show it to the driver or something like that. Get the "Trip Planner" app to get bus routing suggestions, and get the "One Bus Away" app to get real-time info on when your bus will get there.