Cape Liberty Transfer Question

FreesiaE

Hi there,

I hail from a land of no cabs, so I'm not really sure how it works. Would be be fairly easy to grab a cab from an airport hotel to the pier? Could a hotel help us arrange this? I saw that some hotels have shuttles, but they say it's for 2 adults and we will be a family of 2 adults and 2 kids.

Hi there,

I hail from a land of no cabs, so I'm not really sure how it works. Would be be fairly easy to grab a cab from an airport hotel to the pier? Could a hotel help us arrange this? I saw that some hotels have shuttles, but they say it's for 2 adults and we will be a family of 2 adults and 2 kids.

Have you focused on a particular hotel? Most hotels will help you arrange transportation. How much luggage will you have? It could be hard to fit 4 people and luggage in many taxis. Are the kids under 8 years old? If so, car seats are required. Expect to pay at least $60-75 each way to Cape Liberty.

Could the 4 of you do two double beds? If so, look at trinityreservations.com for Cape Liberty - the Ramada Plaza is $206 tax included for a double bed hotel room and round trip port shuttle transportation for 4 people. Car seats are not required in shuttles.

Thanks! I thought cabs were exempt from car seat rules--good to know. I will look into this Ramada deal.

In NYC any Taxi & Limousine (TLC Plated) hired car, boosters and car seats are not required.

TLC would be Yellow Taxi, Green "Boro" Taxi, Lyft, Uber and Car Services.