Luggage tags - waste of space

Am I the only one who thinks that printing on luggage tag is a waste of paper. There is plenty of room in the other unused "Fold - Do not Cut" area to have more tags on that sheet.... :confused:

They want you to fold the tags for strength, in case you are not using luggage tag holders.

If you really want to save paper, have the porters make up your tags.

Am I the only one who thinks that printing on luggage tag is a waste of paper. There is plenty of room in the other unused "Fold - Do not Cut" area to have more tags on that sheet.... :confused:

I use a program that was on these boards several years ago. It uses the page from the electronic documents and prints 4 tags to a page. i cut them out and place in tag holders. the program allows you to add names to the tags.

-Tim-

Edited by later

I don't think printing them out is at all necessary...I prefer to get the strong airline type from the porters..just write my cabin # on them and off they go.....no need to worry about them ripping, getting lost or falling off.

I use the full A4 sheet and fold several times then staple and wrap sellotape around the staples.

It is very secure and you need scissors to cut it.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

You should try that and see how it works!! once you loose your luggage perhaps then you will understand the purpose of this task!!

I use a program that was on these boards several years ago. It uses the page from the electronic documents and prints 4 tags to a page. i cut them out and place in tag holders. the program allows you to add names to the tags.

-Tim-

That program still around anywhere? Search for it was useless.

No

I can't image how some people just use 3 staples on it and are ready to go. I always laminate them with a scotch tape for them to be strong.

I had a porter telling me once "these are great luggage tags".

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You are not the only one who thinks it's a waste of paper. I wish they would offer the option to print for folding or print for luggage tag insertion. If I have time on my hands, or would rather do "cruise stuff" than the things I should be doing, I play with copy and paste functions to put four on a page and insert my name. Otherwise, I just cut them out and laminate with packing tape.

Never put that much thought into it before. But no.