Just wondering

Jeffrey1950

Hello:

Here is another " just wondering question ". When arriving at the Terminal in Brooklyn on the day of departure if I am not lucky enough to be greeted by a porter right away will I be able to get a luggage cart as soon as I step out of my Limo? I am used to with other lines as soon as I step out of the Limo in Manhattan my luggage is taken is taken from me, where as I am a bit nervous being as I do not travel light that I will have to struggle with my luggage when departing and arriving. I fear it will be a bit too much for me without help !! Please let me know what you have experienced. Oh, by the way is anyone actually brave enough to stand up on deck in November bearing up against the cold weather while departing along the Hudson?

1) If it's anything like the last cruise I took (albeit out of Port Canaveral and 20 years ago), you'd have to put in more effort NOT to have help with your bags than to have help with your bags.

2) Unless you're standing against the wind, it probably won't be too cold to stand outside with your winter weather gear on

3) I hate myself for being this pedantic, but...you won't be departing along the Hudson. It will be the East River to New York Harbor to Long Island Sound and then on to the Atlantic.

Depending on how cold it is I will do one of 2 things:

1) Position myself on deck 12 just behind the pavilion pool using the pool house as a wind break.

2) If REALLY cold hang out in the Pavilion pool venturing outside only briefly as we pass the most spectacular sites.

Roy

1) If it's anything like the last cruise I took (albeit out of Port Canaveral and 20 years ago), you'd have to put in more effort NOT to have help with your bags than to have help with your bags.

2) Unless you're standing against the wind, it probably won't be too cold to stand outside with your winter weather gear on

3) I hate myself for being this pedantic, but...you won't be departing along the Hudson. It will be the East River to New York Harbor to Long Island Sound and then on to the Atlantic.

I will be pedantic :)

None of the ships (QM2, QV, QE) will fit under the East River bridges. From pier side at Red Hook, you have a nice view of lower New York Harbor, including southern Manhattan, Governor's Island & the Statue of Liberty.

And of course, NY Harbor is part of the Hudson River.

See the NOAA chart at this link

The ship sails fairly close to Liberty on its way under the Verrazano Narrows Bridge, then continues toward the Ambrose buoy. Along the way, the pilot boat comes alongside, and the pilot heads back to shore. Once Coney Island is out of sight, then just open ocean until the next stop [southampton in our case]

Thanks. Don't want to stiff or over tip.

You won't be stiffing them.

We personally know ILS (Longshoremen) and they appreciate the extra thought. A little extra makes up for those that do STIFF them, and passengers do. Either being in a rush or intentional. After a cruise, appreciate not having to carry the luggage till you eventually have too!