Where do we dock in Dunedin.

DT1304

Hi all,

We will be docking in Dunedin on December 26th.

We plan on going to Cadbury World and then Speights Brewery.

We will walk between Cadbury worls and the brewery, but where do we dock so I can work out how to get from the ship to Cadbury worls, and then back to the ship after.

Ships dock at Port Chalmers, about 20 minutes drive from Dunedin. There are shuttle buses available (for a small fee) to take you into the city and back again. I'm not sure exactly where they stop, probably somewhere in or around The Octagon. From there it's a five minute walk to Cadbury World.

Thanks mate.

That's the information I got when I did a search through the forums, but the posts were all very old, so I wanted to confirm if this is still the case.

Thanks for your reply.

We were there in February. There were heaps of shuttle buses. However we always get picked up by my brother which is why I don't know exactly where the buses drop off in the city.

There was free WiFi in the terminal building too.

BTW cruising out of Otago Harbour is amazing. If it's a nice evening find a vantage point up forward. The channel is quite narrow and it's fascinating to watch the ship navigate it. As you pass through the heads look out for albatross circling the headland on the starboard side.

Hi all,

We will be docking in Dunedin on December 26th.

We plan on going to Cadbury World and then Speights Brewery.

We will walk between Cadbury worls and the brewery, but where do we dock so I can work out how to get from the ship to Cadbury worls, and then back to the ship after.

Dec 26th will be a public holiday, I would check carefully what is open. K

We were on the same cruise as OzKiwiJJ in February which we thoroughly enjoyed. I did a live blog for the entire cruise and here is my entry for our day in Dunedin (pronounced Dunny Din by some of American table mates). There are snippets of information which maybe of use. :D

Hi all,

Thanks for your replies. I made sure what I booked would be open on the public holiday.

Wansbrough, thanks for the link to your blog. I have now been very unproductive at work as I read through almost every cruise you have done.:D