Queen victoria

daisybel

We are booked into an aft deck 8 cabin in June next year for 28 days and are very keen to see some pictures. The only hints I have found are in this youtube video at 9 mins 16 in.

Edited by Poppychino
added video link.

A couple of weeks ago we were given a peak. I think they are quite nice with two distinct rooms and dark woods. The balcony is narrow. The butler kept saying our Q6 deck 5 aft was better due to the large balcony and open floor plan. It was very nice, but this would have been even better, I believe.

COOL CRUISER- thank you so much for your comments. We have been in deck 4/5 aft and know that the balcony on aft Deck 8 will be smaller. The future cruise lady on board said that the new Penthouses would be lovely so that is why we thought we would have a change. Your review is very positive- many thanks

Daisybel

COOL CRUISER- thank you so much for your comments. We have been in deck 4/5 aft and know that the balcony on aft Deck 8 will be smaller. The future cruise lady on board said that the new Penthouses would be lovely so that is why we thought we would have a change. Your review is very positive- many thanks

Daisybel

Hi Daisybell - when are you travelling in the Q4 aft - would love to see some pictures when you do. We don't get to experience ours until June 2018....

Julie

• 1 month later...

Hello - I've recently returned from a cruise in one of the new 'Penthouse' cabins at the rear of 8 Deck. We were on a Greek Islands trip so placed a lot of value on the corner slot with the wrap around balcony and we would do this again. A couple of thoughts for you in your consideration:

• the corner cabin has an excellent and very sleek marble bathroom with a window (with blinds) on to the balcony.
  • The decor is consistent with the photo's published, and is in my view excellent - a cut above other cabins. Dark wood effect panels, LED lighting etc make them look and feel much more luxurious.
  • The Coffee machines have been installed in all QG cabins and are illy branded.
  • If you take a corner room you will find that it has not been divided into two separate areas. It is one largish room. The reason being what you gain on the side balcony you loose in the room. You also loose out on depth as the ship curves at the back. It's still a great room and I would have it again but a different proposition to one of the three centre cabins.
  • Beware deck noise above! Anytime between 7am and 7.30am you would be woken with the scraping of sun beds etc as the Pool deck was set up. For us this wasn't a big deal - it saved setting an alarm but others might object. Perhaps they would be a little quieter if you did. As I say it didn't bother us.
  • There's a very nice wall mounted flush fitting flat screen TV if that's your thing.
  • The bath tub is different in design to other QG's but very nice nonetheless.
  • It's not possible to separate the WC area from the Shower area in the bathroom as is the case in other QG cabins.
  • Additional floor to ceiling window is great.
  • In the corner cabin there is no wet bar area but low level cupboard storage space is plentiful as is black marble surface storage space.
  • 'Long' hanging space is very limited compared to other QG's. Probrably designed by a Man - so I'm told.

I hope this helps. We loved it.

• Like 1

Viewed one of these as some friends who had taken other q4's had one. So pleased I went for the Q1, very nice to look at, lovely decor, but wood finish made it very dark and noisy from deck above. Lido music and early morning chair scrapeing etc. Our friends said and i agree with them that the older midships Q4 are a better bet. The one I veiwed was in the middle of aft.

On our recent QV cruise, back yesterday, we were given a guided tour of the corner deck 8 port side Q4. It is beautiful, very, very beautiful, but we felt the mian part if the room horribly claustrophobic and would definitely not book it. We were not able to view one of the middle suites and would still possibly choose one of those.

The style was exceptionally attractive and it would be nice if all QG suites followed suit.

On our recent QV cruise, back yesterday, we were given a guided tour of the corner deck 8 port side Q4. It is beautiful, very, very beautiful, but we felt the mian part if the room horribly claustrophobic and would definitely not book it. We were not able to view one of the middle suites and would still possibly choose one of those.

The style was exceptionally attractive and it would be nice if all QG suites followed suit.

Gill, the middle suites are very dark, I would definitely not choose one of those. The friends in this Q4 had been in all types of Q4's and much preferred the older ones in terms of layout and light in room.

Gill, the middle suites are very dark, I would definitely not choose one of those. The friends in this Q4 had been in all types of Q4's and much preferred the older ones in terms of layout and light in room.

We have been very happy with the Q6s we have had up to now (and the Q5s for that matter) so will probably continue with those when available. Our Q6 this time was dark, as entirely overhung by deck 6, but the space and very large balcony makes up for it.

• 3 weeks later...

has anyone had cabin 4189 Aft Q5 on Victoria. booked a couple of weeks ago Brisbane to Singapore 2019 and already not too much left. I really wanted a mid aft on deck 5 or 6 but too late.!

I know a long walk to Elevator B for QG restaurant but don't mind that

re the explanation of the Aft corner Q4 suite, what did you mean about the bath being different?How does it differ from a usual QG bath. I love soaking in my bath so hope it is not a small square corner one?

You review was very helpful

Different in terms of appearance. A more angular spa bath tub with a marble top surround. Plenty big enough and I would say at least as large as the Standard QG tub. Main difference is that there's a window and a deep window sill next to it.

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Hi All,

Have just returned from 28 days in a new Q4 Aft Penthouse (8176). The room was very comfortable and well laid out with double sinks in the main bathroom and a single sink in the seperate toilet. Yes there were a few chair scrapes from the Lido Deck above during their morning setup. There was plenty of storage space, 2 tvs and a very comfortable sofa. I have included some pictures for those interested.

Would I rebook the same room - yes I would.

Julie

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_474a.jpg.62d4ffd2a32b31df42fd719f947aa8da.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_4745.jpg.8905d7a774666c149e612ae4d7902e77.jpg