MSC Magnifica Geiranger Norway

hastinc

[quote=hastinc;53574427

Pumping out smoke all day. Possibly could do with some engine emission maintenance.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

.... Norwegian authorities will now start with heavy regulations towards the cruise industry in Norwegian ports. One of the initiatives is to reduce the amount of cruise ship beeing allowed to visitin the fjords.

Guess the prices will raise quite much the coming years.

Thanks for posting this. We're supposed to be on that ship in Norway next month. I'm a bit confused about the ship's call in Geiranger. When I called MSC, they said the ship stops in Hellesylt at 9 a.m. and departs from Geiranger at 6 p.m. Does everyone tender off in Hellesylt or just the passengers on certain MSC ship shore excursions? I asked, but MSC didn't provide information on when the ship arrived in Geiranger. We're looking at some possible independent shore excursions and any insights on timing and your experiences would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your help!

This is the daily from our day in Geiranger back in June on Fantasia. I think we docked in Hellesylt at 8 though. They let shore excursion passengers off, and then we proceeded to Geiranger.

In Geiranger, we walked to the Fjord center, walked along the falls, and then followed a marked hiking trail (trail head is near Fjord Center) up to a great view from above. They were selling "excursions" of the Fjord center and falls, but you can easily see them on your own. The perk would be that they bus you up the hill to the center.

There were other excursions, but we didn't look into any. It didn't take long to get off the ship, but you will want a little space. If you dock at 11, I wouldn't schedule anything prior to 11:30. All aboard is usually 45-60 minutes prior to departure.

4d960fd106cd9a07b0091e2a4579c1c1.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Thanks so much for this information and the detailed MSC Fantasia daily program. That's very helpful! Based on this information, we're trying to decide between two independent shore excursions in Geiranger. It sounds like our ship will briefly stop in Hellesylt at 9 a.m. to let ship tour passengers off, then continue on to Geiranger and arrive around 11 a.m. or so. Both of the independent bus tours we're considering leave at noon and our ship departs Geiranger at 6 p.m.

The first shore excursion is a 3 1/2 hour bus tour from Norway Excursions that includes the Flydalsjuvet viewpoint, Mount Dalsnibba, a lake at Djupatnet and the Eagle Road. https://www.norwayexcursions.com/en/activity/48504/geiranger-dalsnibba

The second one is the Dalsnibba Mountain Highlight Bus from Geiranger Fjordservice which is a 2 hour and 15 minute bus tour that includes the Flydalsjuvet viewpoint, Mount Dalsnibba (via the toll road) and the Geiranger Skywalk. http://www.geirangerfjord.no/english

If anyone has any insights on these excursions or experience with either tour operator, please let me know. Your help is greatly appreciated!