Cruising on Norwegian Star with 19 year old son who would like to drink.

Abycarioca

We are cruising on Norwegian Star with our 21 year old daughter, 19 year old son, and 15 year old. Its a round trip European tour, so my 19 year old is allowed to drink alcohol in the ship (at least beer and wine, I believe). However, when we tried to get the drink package for him using our pick 2, but they wouldn't let us, because the drink package offered in the pick 2 includes spirits, etc. and he is only allowed beer and wine. So, we were told the only way is to pay per drink on the ship. We want to allow him to drink, but don't want to spend too much. Any feedback? Thanks.

I've read that it's possible for a 19 year old to get the 'corks and caps' program which is beer and wine only. I think what you have to do is choose the drinks package as the 'perk', which will get him the soda package, and then pay to upgrade to the 'corks and caps' on the ship. Or choose a different perk and simply purchase it on the ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've read that it's possible for a 19 year old to get the 'corks and caps' program which is beer and wine only. I think what you have to do is choose the drinks package as the 'perk', which will get him the soda package, and then pay to upgrade to the 'corks and caps' on the ship. Or choose a different perk and simply purchase it on the ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums