Diamond lounge over spill

Since turning Diamond we have only cruised Royal on transatlantic cruises, and hence there are a lot of diamond and obove onboard.

The event on one crossing was in the lounge at tge end if the royal promanade and our last crossing it over pulled into the olive or twist (and it was rammed standing room only)

Are the ever spill overs on other cruises as more people become diamond or do guests have to all fit into the small diamond lounge.

I do like the lively atmosphere we have had on the TA.

Are other cruises a much quieter affair?

The size of DL really depends on the ship. On Oasis, the space is small. On Adventure and Anthem there is more comfortable seating. I've seen some Diamond members spill out into the Viking Lounge on Adventure in order to sit with their non-Diamond friends.

My family loves the DL and enjoy going there for a snack and drink before an early dinner.

The size of DL really depends on the ship. On Oasis, the space is small. On Adventure and Anthem there is more comfortable seating. I've seen some Diamond members spill out into the Viking Lounge on Adventure in order to sit with their non-Diamond friends.

My family loves the DL and enjoy going there for a snack and drink before an early dinner.

You must have been on Oasis before the most recent dry dock. The DL has been moved to the former CL location, and I would consider it one of the largest DLs now, with two decks.

You must have been on Oasis before the most recent dry dock. The DL has been moved to the former CL location, and I would consider it one of the largest DLs now, with two decks.

^^ This. The Oasis' Diamond Lounge is on Deck 11 and is quite large. This move occurred in 2014, so quite a while ago.

Does the small numbers in the lounge suggest the magority of cruisers are fairly new to cruising?

I cannit remember the numbers from our TA cruises but it must have been hundreds of people, it was unbelievably busy and the bars staff main olive or twist never stopped for 3.5 hours and certainly earned their tips

Thats great news hopefully Symphony will have the same next year when it debuts in Barcelona.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

Pardon my ignorance, but what is so unique/special about the Diamond lounge that people pile into it? I get that you have to be a Diamond or above, is there just an exclusivity that attracts people or what?

Pardon my ignorance, but what is so unique/special about the Diamond lounge that people pile into it? I get that you have to be a Diamond or above, is there just an exclusivity that attracts people or what?

As much free drink as you like normally 5pm till 8.30pm plus lovely snacks and Speciality coffee machine available 24 hours.

Thats great news hopefully Symphony will have the same next year when it debuts in Barcelona.

I would expect Symphony to be designed like Harmony, where they put the DL down in the dungeon. I believe it's down where the comedy venue is on Oasis and Allure. No windows.

As much free drink as you like normally 5pm till 8.30pm plus lovely snacks and Speciality coffee machine available 24 hours.

So it's for all the Platinum people who don't wish to buy the drink package, basically?

On some ships, the Diamond Lounge is very nice. Especially if it is in the Viking Crown space. They have continental breakfast with a fancy coffee machine and fruits, cheeses, etc. At cocktail time there are hot and cold appetizers and little sweet bites and chocolate strawberries. All you care to drink with limited spirits.

The people are usually friendly and we have a good time. Sometimes there can be snobby, mean-spirited people too. We ignore those.

It is not just the exclusivity, it's really a great space (the best on the ship in my opinion) ,great food, free drinks and good friends.

Margee

Sent from my iPad using Forums

On some ships, the Diamond Lounge is very nice. Especially if it is in the Viking Crown space. They have continental breakfast with a fancy coffee machine and fruits, cheeses, etc. At cocktail time there are hot and cold appetizers and little sweet bites and chocolate strawberries. All you care to drink with limited spirits.

The people are usually friendly and we have a good time. Sometimes there can be snobby, mean-spirited people too. We ignore those.

It is not just the exclusivity, it's really a great space (the best on the ship in my opinion) ,great food, free drinks and good friends.

Margee

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sounds decent. Just another venue to enjoy, so why not? Especially if it's a good place to socialize and compare status ;p

I would expect Symphony to be designed like Harmony, where they put the DL down in the dungeon. I believe it's down where the comedy venue is on Oasis and Allure. No windows.

That would be disappointing.

When we were on Allure out of Barcelona in 2015 the DL was on 2 levels.

Wonderland on Harmony is located where the DL was on Allure.

That would be disappointing.

When we were on Allure out of Barcelona in 2015 the DL was on 2 levels.

Wonderland on Harmony is located where the DL was on Allure.

Yep, more revenue generating space.

If you want the DL to yourself go on an Asian or Aussie sailing. Alaska sailings also have low numbers in the D and up category.

Absolutely....the DL on Mariner (Singapore-Shanghai) had on the busiest night maybe 8 people. We also experienced very low numbers for our western med on Liberty. As far as Alaska on Radiance a few times we opted to sit in the overflow (even though it wasn't needed but was still open) in the Vortex.

Are the ever spill overs on other cruises as more people become diamond or do guests have to all fit into the small diamond lounge.

In our experience, the most crowded DL's were on the repo cruises and longer cruises we've taken (longer than a week, I mean) . Just an observation.