Halloween

Rockytcb

we are thinking of going on cruise out of New Orleans around Halloween. My twins are only 3 and would be scared if the boat had a Halloween theme. Does anyone know if cruises decorate scary for Halloween?

Specific to the Halloween week cruise, RCI has a big Halloween party one night and many of the passengers and crew come prepared with costumes. We were on Freedom of the Seas for Halloween one year and the Royal Promenade had decorations, which is where the party was held. But this is only during the actual week of Halloween to my knowledge and not the weeks prior or after.

Yes they decorate for Halloween. Is it scary? Depends on what you think is scary. Lots of sheets become ghosts. Lots of blow-up decorations. Pumpkin carving...Halloween parade, people do bring and wear costumes. For more more specific activities, ask on the board here for the cruise line you are considering. I have been on Carnival and Celebrity over Halloween. EM

Carnival wasn't too scary, lots of blow up things, carriage, Frankenstein's Monster. Some spider webs etc. Cute photo backgrounds. Wasn't decorated til that morning, taking down soon afterwards. No telling what costumes the pax will be wearing. Some can be a touch gruesome. But I don't remember seeing kids at the ship wide party, they must have been in camp.

The French Quarter is wild and crowded on Halloween. Not too sure I'd take my kids there.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was on Royal Princess for Halloween last year. Fun decorations - nothing scary - up that morning and down the next day. Crew in costumes. Guests in costumes that evening. Costumed crew lead a parade of very small costumed children (about 25) around the main gathering spots inside. They took great care of the children! Two in front, two behind and eyes always on the little ones. Kids were laughing and waving and loving being the center of attention and applauded as they passed groups of passengers. I think they did three laps! Youngest was probably 3 or 4.

I was on Royal Princess for Halloween last year. Fun decorations - nothing scary - up that morning and down the next day. Crew in costumes. Guests in costumes that evening. Costumed crew lead a parade of very small costumed children (about 25) around the main gathering spots inside. They took great care of the children! Two in front, two behind and eyes always on the little ones. Kids were laughing and waving and loving being the center of attention and applauded as they passed groups of passengers. I think they did three laps! Youngest was probably 3 or 4.

To your comments I should add that the kids club on RCI also participated with self made costumes for the party and a kids parade.

we are thinking of going on cruise out of New Orleans around Halloween. My twins are only 3 and would be scared if the boat had a Halloween theme. Does anyone know if cruises decorate scary for Halloween?

It's not something you can control. The ship may not decorate in a particularly scary theme, but passengers do bring and wear their own costumes and that might entice some scary imagery or nightmares for 3 year-olds. Really.... we don't know, you don't know.

If you consider the week before or after, does that work?

We did a Halloween cruise on RC last year. The only thing that might spook the kiddos, pun intended, would be the parade down the Promenade. There were some pretty graphic costumes. Fun for grownups but I can see where it could bother a munchkin. I would suggest sending them to the kids club before the parade. If they have one.