Classic Soda and Voom package

I just booked soda and internet package for 19.00/night. It doesn't specify if it is the surf and stream, but discussed being able to watch video. Has anyone used this package and confirm it is the Voom surf and stream. (I am cruising on Liberty of Seas)

OVERVIEW

Sip, save and stay connected all cruise long with a bundle of two great favorites. We are bundling our Classic Soda Package with VOOM® high-speed internet, so you can enjoy unlimited soda in your Coca-Cola souvenir cup, while streaming all your favorite music, movies and sharing your unforgettable moments in real time. When you book now, you’ll save over 25% off the onboard price. *All Beverage Packages exclude any beverages served inside licensed Starbucks® stores.

I've not seen a report that confirms that this package includes surf & stream, but it seems if they say you can stream video, it would certainly imply surf & stream.

It is voom. We had the package on the 7/9 sailing.

Royal calls all internet access packages VOOM. What we want to know is what level of VOOM, Surf Only or Surf & Stream?

Thanks for the info...FYI the offer for pre cruise price for my sailing was 14.39/day for the surf and stream and 8.50/day for soda so $22.89/day vs 19.00/day for package.

It makes sense that it is surf and stream since it says you can stream video as well as the discount price for buying the package. I would buy them separately if people reported it did not include the fast interest.

Thanks for the info...FYI the offer for pre cruise price for my sailing was 14.39/day for the surf and stream and 8.50/day for soda so $22.89/day vs 19.00/day for package.

It makes sense that it is surf and stream since it says you can stream video as well as the discount price for buying the package. I would buy them separately if people reported it did not include the fast interest.

Curious what the price is including gratuity. They should only charge gratuity on the soda portion.

Here is the gratuity info listed on the precruise planner:

• A 8.05% gratuity charge will be added to each package price listed above.

The total amount for my package was $143.71 or $20.53/day.

Interesting, they seem to prorate the gratuity to take into account the lack of gratuity on the internet.

I just booked soda and internet package for 19.00/night. It doesn't specify if it is the surf and stream, but discussed being able to watch video. Has anyone used this package and confirm it is the Voom surf and stream. (I am cruising on Liberty of Seas)

OVERVIEW

Sip, save and stay connected all cruise long with a bundle of two great favorites. We are bundling our Classic Soda Package with VOOM® high-speed internet, so you can enjoy unlimited soda in your Coca-Cola souvenir cup, while streaming all your favorite music, movies and sharing your unforgettable moments in real time. When you book now, you’ll save over 25% off the onboard price. *All Beverage Packages exclude any beverages served inside licensed Starbucks® stores.

Thanks for posting. I had only seen this including larger drink packages and the internet. While I don't normally internet, I might consider this for our 4 day Majesty cruise as someone will be watching our house, so I can do a little bit of periscoping if I choose. Majesty's internet is pretty good.

Interesting, they seem to prorate the gratuity to take into account the lack of gratuity on the internet.

Yup. Back in April I switched from a soda package to soda plus VOOM and the gratuity charge was the same - definitely applies only to the bar portion of the package. The soda price was $8.50, so they use the current drink price and reduce the cost of the internet part (maximizes gratuity). Credit only took three days to post, as well.

Edited by LeeW
more