Carnival Imagination Drink Package v.s. Individual Drinks

CruzerBoozer

Drinks of the day are around $8.95, mixed drinks $6.95 and up, beer $5.25 and up, wine $6 a glass and up. I'm going by memory so some of the prices might actually be higher. If you drink 5 drinks of the day you are very close to breaking even with the pre-cruise price of $49.95 per day per person.

We are taking a cruise on the Splendor in June and the CHEERS package has been a very hot topic of discussion. So far the majority of our group has purchased it. My husband and I will have several drinks throughout the day including port days so the package makes sense. What really sealed the deal was that it also includes non-alcoholic drinks too!

I am a moderate drinker, and my boyfriend is a light drinker. Even for me the package was not worth it, as many of the drinks I purchased ended up being in port (and you can't use your Sail & Sign for that). On the ship I'd say I purchased maybe 2-4 drinks a day because other drinks I purchased in port.

As such it really depends on how much you plan to drink on the ship itself versus in port.

We have bought the package just to try a variety of drinks. Sometime I have ordered a drink I didn't like, took one drink and decided to order something else or just wanted a cold drink since the other drink was now warm. Wine with dinner is included in the drink package as well as specialty coffees.

How many days at sea? Time in port?

We have bought the package just to try a variety of drinks. Sometime I have ordered a drink I didn't like, took one drink and decided to order something else or just wanted a cold drink since the other drink was now warm. Wine with dinner is included in the drink package as well as specialty coffees.

How many days at sea? Time in port?[/quote

We are at sea for 2 days and at port for 2 days.

• 11 months later...

I had originally thought of buying this for my husband but found out Carnival requires everyone over 21 in a room to buy it. With gratuity, that would add over $830 to our 7 day cruise. Considering we are on islands much of the time, I don't know if it's worth it.