Poor experience with Ridgefield Park NJ Hilton Garden Inn

Wehwalt

I just got rolled by them. They charged me for a private car service each way as part of the rate to the NY Cruise terminal and stuck me in an overcrowded shuttle back which was not what I paid for. I had to wait 45 minutes in the cold outside the cruise terminal for same. If that wasn't enough, the breakfast was poor and the hotel is uniquely designed so BOTH sides get the noise and vibration from the Turnpike! Not planning on staying here again.

I just got rolled by them. They charged me for a private car service each way as part of the rate to the NY Cruise terminal and stuck me in an overcrowded shuttle back which was not what I paid for. I had to wait 45 minutes in the cold outside the cruise terminal for same. If that wasn't enough, the breakfast was poor and the hotel is uniquely designed so BOTH sides get the noise and vibration from the Turnpike! Not planning on staying here again.

Sorry about your bad experience. We ( 4 couples) will be staying there 1/27 prior to our cruise out of Manhattan. I know the transportation is extra but waiting in the cold is unacceptable.

There have been a number of good reports on this cruise pkg so I'm hoping this was an unfortunate fluke.

• 2 weeks later...

I was considering this hotel for our cruise in February on the Breakaway. How is the shuttle service to Manhattan cruise port?

If it's over crowded is it one of those oversize 15 passenger vans like airport car rental places use?

I'm trying to find out because we have a 3 year old and the whole car seat situation is on my mind.

When we stayed there, it was a sedan style car for my family of 4. That was just last June 2016. We told the front desk what time we wanted to leave and what time we wanted to be picked up after getting off the ship.

• 2 weeks later...

We had an excellent experience - just got off our cruise on 2/7.

8 of us - 4 couples- stayed and enjoyed the rooms, the excellent service, and the transportation to/from Manhatten pier. The included full free breakfast was great too!

This was a great choice and we would definitely stay here again.

A big thank you to Brian ( front desk manager) and his team for making our stay so comfortable.

• 2 weeks later...

Fortunately for me, I live close enough where I don't have to use the park stay cruise packages. But there seems to be a lot of mixed opinions about them so I wonder if they're worth it for some people. I'm the kind of person that would rather plan each part myself rather than use the convenience of the package but that's my opinion.

I have a question,has anyone that stayed at this hotel visited time square or central park.How did you get to the city and back,what was the cost of getting back ad forth.

Hi Ken

Last year we stayed at the hotel and the first night we all took a cab into Times Square - there were 6 of us and if I remember correctly it was around 50 for all of us plus 20% tip. its about a 25 minute ride without any traffic. The folks at the front desk can arrange it all for you if you ask , We went into Times Square , had dinner at a really geat Dim Sum resturant then went to a show, We walked around TS after the show, Cabs in TS arent hard to find for the way home but walked a few blocks to Port Authority - it was easier to get a cab back to Jersey there

Edited by Diane123boys

We had an excellent experience - just got off our cruise on 2/7.

8 of us - 4 couples- stayed and enjoyed the rooms, the excellent service, and the transportation to/from Manhatten pier. The included full free breakfast was great too!

This was a great choice and we would definitely stay here again.

The ONE drawback we had was we has ALOT of luggage so we needed 2 cars for the 6 of us and 8 suitcases LOL thankfully the staff at the front desk were wonderful and c=very accommodating! I cant wait to go back in June!!

We did a I Love NYC package here in August of 2016 and it was $10.00 per person round trip to get from Hotel to the Bus Authority in NYC. The city bus picked you up right at the entrance of the parking lot of the hotel. We had this hotel booked for our October 2016 cruise. We actually booked 2 nights and the 1st was booked at a military rate and the 2nd was booked as the park and cruise. We paid $220.00 for the park and cruise package for 4 people in a 2 king bed room. Had the hot breakfast and enjoyed our time in the indoor pool and hot tub. The morning of the cruise we had a Cadillac Escalade to take us to the port with our luggage and on return we called as we came through customs and our car met us on the 2nd level. We had a town and country mini val for the return. There were no other people with us on either to or from the pier. We came home and I have another cruise booked for Sept 2017 and have already booked the hotel again for that. In either of the stays we never experienced any issues with hearing traffic from the main road. 1st time we stayed we overlooked the business behind the hotel, the 2nd time we stayed we were on the front side of the hotel and were able to see the Freedom Tower at night in Lower Manhattan.