Paradise Beach AND Money Bar in the same day?

sailawaybellaluna

Hey guys!

I'll be in Cozumel Saturday with one of my best friends (her first cruise!), and had a question:

We were planning to spend the afternoon at the Money Bar and just relax and snorkel. BUT, she doesn't live near beaches and was thinking she'd like to walk in the sand, feel the waves, etc.

From my research online and looking at maps, it looks like Paradise Beach is only about 6 miles from the Pier and a $10 - $15 taxi ride? Would it be feasible to spend a few hours there and then take a taxi to the Money Bar?

Does anyone know how easy it is to catch a taxi from the Money Bar back to the pier?

Thanks in advance!

but you are paying for 3 cabs to do this. Think about heading to Playa Palancar . There's a little snorkeling to be had at the southern end closer to Punta Sur . Even though the better stuff is a ways off shore. Plus you've got sand, good food, good drinks, less crowds.

but you are paying for 3 cabs to do this. Think about heading to Playa Palancar . There's a little snorkeling to be had at the southern end closer to Punta Sur . Even though the better stuff is a ways off shore. Plus you've got sand, good food, good drinks, less crowds.

Don't think price wise it will make much difference. Return taxi to Palancar is about $20+ each way.

I agree it would save having to move but they would miss out on the pool at at Paradise. Difficult call, I like all three places lol! Especially if the ship stays late enough to stay for happy hour and sunset at Money Bar.

Hey guys!

Thanks for the input! Just got back last night and we were successful in hitting both of these in the same day.

We actually headed out to Paradise Beach first and we were happy that we did, because we got great chairs/umbrellas with a view. It got quite crowded later in the morning/afternoon. After relaxing and enjoying drinks and nachos, we hopped in a taxi ($11 from Paradise Beach) to the Money Bar. We had amazing fish tacos there, and then snorkeled. The snorkeling was AMAZING. I mean, two steps into the water and I was surrounded by hundreds of fish!

Such a fun day! And, I'm happy we didn't spend the entire day at Money Bar. It's really not as picturesque as Paradise Beach. I live in So Cal, so I was okay not having a sandy beach. But my friend I traveled with (who lives in Illinois), was thrilled with the sand and all the palm trees at Paradise!