Golden Princess going back to US in 2018?

Something interesting I noticed,

Sun Princess last booking in Sydney is 17th May 2018, then no more dates.

Sea Princess has a booking on 25th May 2018 then returns 8th September 2018, so that may be a World cruise.

The Golden Princess arrives 10th Oct 2018, then looks to go to Melbourne

Diamond arrives 22nd October cruising from Sydney.

Emerald arrives 5th November 2018 cruising from Sydney.

Diamond and Emerald have bookings years ahead....no mention of Golden.

Maybe Sun Princess is leaving as that is around the date that Dawn Princess leaves next year.

Time will tell:p

Something interesting I noticed,

Sun Princess last booking in Sydney is 17th May 2018, then no more dates.

Sea Princess has a booking on 25th May 2018 then returns 8th September 2018, so that may be a World cruise.

The Golden Princess arrives 10th Oct 2018, then looks to go to Melbourne

Diamond arrives 22nd October cruising from Sydney.

Emerald arrives 5th November 2018 cruising from Sydney.

Diamond and Emerald have bookings years ahead....no mention of Golden.

Maybe Sun Princess is leaving as that is around the date that Dawn Princess leaves next year.

Time will tell:p

Are they from Port Schedules?

Around May / June has been when Circle Pacific, Circle South America or similar have been leaving, so that may be the answer to the Sun, but I don't think it will be too long before Sun and Sea join Dawn.

Edited by GUT2407

Yes, but after the May 2018 Sun Princess date there is no bookings for Sun Princess from Sydney, Sea Princess has bookings. Just thought that if we have Golden, Emerald and Diamond for a season, Sun may be leaving.

Problem is, our winter, we will only have one ship if Sun Princess goes......and it will be on a World cruise for most of it!

Edited by cheznandy

I was trying to find out if there was going to be a Circle the Pacific cruise so was going through a whole lot of sites/ports and one US site has the Sun Princess doing a Hawaiian round trip in May which ties in.... hope not but.... I want the circle!

Yes, but after the May 2018 Sun Princess date there is no bookings for Sun Princess from Sydney, Sea Princess has bookings. Just thought that if we have Golden, Emerald and Diamond for a season, Sun may be leaving.

Problem is, our winter, we will only have one ship if Sun Princess goes......and it will be on a World cruise for most of it!

Not much different now though really, Sun and Sea one on Circle Pacific, one in World Cruise.

Next year it's one on World Cruise and Golden on CP.

What concerns me most is that all the ships will be way too big if Sun and Sea go too. They've just arranged for them to Dock in Cairns if all three go seems a waste (as I understand it Diamond, Golden and Emerald are all too big) also makes While Bay an even bigger white elephant, none of the potential replacements for the three sisters can get there.

I was trying to find out if there was going to be a Circle the Pacific cruise so was going through a whole lot of sites/ports and one US site has the Sun Princess doing a Hawaiian round trip in May which ties in.... hope not but.... I want the circle!

The Sun Princess has some random bookings in Darwin for 2018.....

6th May 2018

27th June 2018

2 Sept 2018

12 Oct 2018

9th Nov 2018

and there is one in Melbourne for 26 Oct 2018 so not sure what it is doing?? but doesnt make sense for it's 25th May Sydney booking for a circle Pacific.

Fingers crossed for you:)

Edited by cheznandy

The Sun Princess has some random bookings in Darwin for 2018.....

6th May 2018

27th June 2018

2 Sept 2018

12 Oct 2018

9th Nov 2018

and there is one in Melbourne for 26 Oct 2018 so not sure what it is doing?? but doesnt make sense for it's 25th May Sydney booking for a circle Pacific.

Fingers crossed for you:)

It might be doing round oz trips or back and forth between Sydney and Fremantle via the top of Australia.

• 1 year later...
Yes, noticed that the other day, it is doing a fabulous journey back via Asia, similar to a Circle Pacific, we did this on the Diamond a few years ago finishing in Vancouver, the best itinerary!! They are being sold as separate itineraries too, not just one big long one. Imagine cruising from Melbourne all the way to Vancouver!! Australia, Asia, Alaska and Canada!!

Golden is booked back in Sydney October 2018, so must be coming back via the Pacific/Hawaii. Lucky for those with lots of time:p

Golden is actually leaving Melbourne on the 15th March and WE are on her to Singapore. Our favourite ship.

Does anyone know if she has the new super beds? We were on the Sun in January and had the new beds which were SOOO comfy.:cool:

Golden is actually leaving Melbourne on the 15th March and WE are on her to Singapore. Our favourite ship.

Does anyone know if she has the new super beds? We were on the Sun in January and had the new beds which were SOOO comfy.:cool:

These posts are over a year old;)

I realise the itineray has changed since then as i was booked on it.....

Not sure about the beds, we had them on the Emerald and agree they were comfy, I guess I will know next week when we cruise on the Golden.

Wonder if they'll offer Circle Pacific in 2018?

Nope! The itineraries are already out up to around April 2019. No Circle Pacific in 2018. In fact there are bugger all Princess ships in Australia in our 2018 winter. Sea will be on the world cruise, Sun is going off to Asia for a few months, Golden goes to the US, Diamond goes to Japan (unless things get dangerous up there) and Majestic doesn't arrive until September.

PS I heard a rumour from one of the Royal F&B people that Majestic might be getting a minor refit before she comes to Australia. They might be putting Crooners on her instead of the French restaurant, and maybe doing some other changes.

Nope! The itineraries are already out up to around April 2019. No Circle Pacific in 2018. In fact there are bugger all Princess ships in Australia in our 2018 winter. Sea will be on the world cruise, Sun is going off to Asia for a few months, Golden goes to the US, Diamond goes to Japan (unless things get dangerous up there) and Majestic doesn't arrive until September.

PS I heard a rumour from one of the Royal F&B people that Majestic might be getting a minor refit before she comes to Australia. They might be putting Crooners on her instead of the French restaurant, and maybe doing some other changes.

Hopefully it does come down under as well but not at the expense of one of the other ships.