2 nights in Solstice, must????

GUT2407

Might have been re arranged since I was on Solstice, some 5 years ago.:') I know I got 'lost in the buffet, perhaps it was the 3400 pax on board who all seemed to be in the buffet on embarkation day for their eagerly sought luncheon, as you do. The excitement of cruise ship buffet food reigns supreme, particularly for first time cruisers as many Solstice pax are.

Might have it confused with Voyager of the Seas or Explorer of the Seas, the Solstice only takes 2800 pax.

Might have it confused with Voyager of the Seas or Explorer of the Seas, the Solstice only takes 2800 pax.

Correct, Solstice 2800, my mistake not been on RCI anyway and only one on Celebrity.:cool: Princess and P&O UK being my favoured cruise lines.:p

Perhaps I should expand my cruise curriculum a little by having a go with HAL, RCI, affordable. Some of the others, Oceana, Azamara, Regent, Silverseas etc are out of my league. (I did not quite to Commissioner, lol.)

:o

Correct, Solstice 2800, my mistake not been on RCI anyway and only one on Celebrity.:cool: Princess and P&O UK being my favoured cruise lines.:p

Perhaps I should expand my cruise curriculum a little by having a go with HAL, RCI, affordable. Some of the others, Oceana, Azamara, Regent, Silverseas etc are out of my league. (I did not quite to Commissioner, lol.)

:o

I prefer a couple of lines over others but if the itinerary, timing and price all work, I don't care which line it is.

I prefer a couple of lines over others but if the itinerary, timing and price all work, I don't care which line it is.

We're pretty much the same, sure we have preferences and indeed at least one line we are in hurry to sail with again (doesn't mean never) and a few we would love to try, but at the end of the day time and price rule.

We're pretty much the same, sure we have preferences and indeed at least one line we are in hurry to sail with again (doesn't mean never) and a few we would love to try, but at the end of the day time and price rule.

Yes Mr Gut... it comes down to bang for buck with us, we obviously love Princess..(the larger ships)..and the Solstice..we recently had the most fabulous time on Carnival Spirit with family... very nice food in dining room, wonderful staff, very clean and large cabins... and a great price with obc... BEST BAND WE HAVE EVER SEEN ON A SHIP..WOW !!!.....we are now booked for Explorer of Seas with family and friends in 2019, we always seem to have a great time, I have always said its what you make it, an good company is the key.... also booked Majestic P for nxt yr Fiji.....we have always though HAL looked nice too, any others would be out of price range...lol.....

Woohoo, 4 weeks Mr Gut!!

I'm looking forward to a quick weekend away.

We've booked concierge so get the concierge lunch, so no dining with the masses at the buffet😊

Plan on getting on early, lunch, then head to the sunset bar. I think sailaway will be spectacular from the sunset bar.

I'm sure wifey will love the hot glass show, I really enjoyed it.

2 nights won't be enough but looking forward to showing the ship to my friend (who's only done P&O and carnival.

A little taster before my 16 night cruise on her in March.

I'll be asking about the red carpet and keeping an eye out for you Gut!!!

Woohoo, 4 weeks Mr Gut!!

I'm looking forward to a quick weekend away.

We've booked concierge so get the concierge lunch, so no dining with the masses at the buffet😊

Plan on getting on early, lunch, then head to the sunset bar. I think sailaway will be spectacular from the sunset bar.

I'm sure wifey will love the hot glass show, I really enjoyed it.

2 nights won't be enough but looking forward to showing the ship to my friend (who's only done P&O and carnival.

A little taster before my 16 night cruise on her in March.

I'll be asking about the red carpet and keeping an eye out for you Gut!!!

You had to be truly spethshial to get the red carpet before he lost it.

We are in an accessible balcony. And probably won't board till late due to some work (and now medical) commitments, in fact there's a real danger if things don't go exactly right that we won't make it all.

Four weeks from though, all going well we will be at sea.

You had to be truly spethshial to get the red carpet before he lost it.

We are in an accessible balcony. And probably won't board till late due to some work (and now medical) commitments, in fact there's a real danger if things don't go exactly right that we won't make it all.

Four weeks from though, all going well we will be at sea.

Sushi on 5 may be worth a shot too, I haven't tried it as yet but have heard many good things and their sushi was exceptional in the Silk Harvest.

Sushi on 5 may be worth a shot too, I haven't tried it as yet but have heard many good things and their sushi was exceptional in the Silk Harvest.

I may put more weight on in two nights than I did in 33:D:evilsmile::o

I may put more weight on in two nights than I did in 33:D:evilsmile::o

Stay away from ye olde Buffet, Mr Gut, eat in the MDR - portion controlled., so they say, just don't order 3 desserts, like one nice table mate we had on Ruby Princess in 2010, 30 night cruise Civitivecchia to Fort Lauderdale -Med/Transatlantic, 3 desserts a night and the same for luncheon.:eek: He ducked Formal Night towards the end of the cruise, his Tuxedo was like 'June...busting out all over, lol.:halo: He gave the bread roll basket a real good workout as well, it had to be replenished before the main course hit the table.:o

Stay away from ye olde Buffet, Mr Gut, eat in the MDR - portion controlled., so they say, just don't order 3 desserts, like one nice table mate we had on Ruby Princess in 2010, 30 night cruise Civitivecchia to Fort Lauderdale -Med/Transatlantic, 3 desserts a night and the same for luncheon.:eek: He ducked Formal Night towards the end of the cruise, his Tuxedo was like 'June...busting out all over, lol.:halo: He gave the bread roll basket a real good workout as well, it had to be replenished before the main course hit the table.:o

Definitely good advice on watching what you eat, I never have more than 2 desserts or more than one bread roll, that way I can have an appetiser, a starter, an entrée a main and a dessert.

The bread can be an issue for me. I avoid it at home but on some ships it can be to die for.

Definitely good advice on watching what you eat, I never have more than 2 desserts or more than one bread roll, that way I can have an appetiser, a starter, an entrée a main and a dessert.

But Uncle Mic, you missed the best course...ye olde Cheese Plate, good excuse to finish up the red wine or partake of a glass of port.:cool:

Purloined from the buffet, lol.:evilsmile: As one does, with a little smoked salmon on the side.

We often get a cheese and fruit plate from Ye old Horizontal Court to take back to our balcony, especially if we have late sitting.